Views: 3340|Replies: 4

US lawmakers and companies urged to stand up to China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-9-17 13:33:49 |Display all floors
1.  The following are excerpts from a news report, dated September 16, 2019, under the headline "Stand Up to Beijing, Hong Kong Singer Tells U.S. Lawmakers, Companies".

(Begin excerpts)
WASHINGTON — Hong Kong singer and activist Denise Ho wants U.S. lawmakers and companies to criticize Beijing's actions in Hong Kong, to help change the Chinese Communist Party's behavior.

Ho told Reuters on Monday that Beijing was using its power and influence to quash dissent around the world,...

.....Beijing is exporting its authoritarian values around the world, Ho said.

"The only way to counter this global suppression is by hitting (China) where it really hurts," she said....

"We see businesses profiting" in China, she said. "There are a lot of U.S. companies that have been based in Shenzhen, and they have turned a blind eye to this issue, to these human issues."....

Ho will testify with Joshua Wong, secretary-general of Hong Kong's Demosisto party and leader of the "Umbrella Movement," and other activists in Congress on Tuesday at an event hosted by the Congressional-Executive Commission on China (CECC).

U.S. lawmakers are fine-tuning a bipartisan bill that would require an annual review of the special treatment Washington gives Hong Kong, including trade and business privileges, under the U.S. Hong Kong Policy Act of 1992.

The Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act would also make officials in China and Hong Kong, who have undermined the city's autonomy, vulnerable to sanctions....

Ho said the trade war had offered a "protective shield" for the people of Hong Kong, sheltering them from a violent Beijing crackdown, such as the deployment of troops.

Industry groups worry that the bill threatens fragile U.S.-China trade talks, but Ho said passage would send a powerful signal to other countries and reaffirm U.S. leadership in the world.

"I believe that Hong Kong is in the front lines of this very global fight for humanity itself," she said.  (End excerpts)

Source: nytimesdotcom

2.  The actions of those Hongkongers urging punitive measures from China's foes are reminiscent of the treachery of traitors or collaborators [ 汉奸 (Cantonese pronunciation: "hon gan")] with Japanese invaders during World War II.

Another apt description for those shameless people is the Chinese phrase 忘本 (Cantonese pronunciation: "mong boon") meaning "forgotten one's roots or ancestral origin".

3.  It is quite laughable that those people seem to know little about world affairs.  To urge US lawmakers to stand up to China or rather, punish China, is like teaching a tiger how to eat a lamb.

Perhaps one day if an individual or a company finds it profitable to create a computer game out of my conception of "The Trade War", those people can satisfy their treacherous instincts by playing the role of the "Psycho" to extract all the victim's teeth, gouge out his eyes, flay him alive, harvest his organs, etc.

P.S.  I have to take off my hat to them if they dare to urge the natives to stand up to America during their testimony to Congress on Tuesday.

Donald Trump's infamous Hitler-style rabble-rousing chants:  "Lock her up!  Lock her up!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-9-18 13:30:11 |Display all floors
"I believe that Hong Kong is in the front lines of this very global fight for humanity itself," she said.

Ho said the trade war had offered a "protective shield" for the people of Hong Kong, sheltering them from a violent Beijing crackdown, such as the deployment of troops.

Dennis Ho claims to fight for "humanity" but the actions of the pro-democracy mobsters are anything but humane. They vandalize public properties and transports causing inconvenience to the public. They commit arson and throw petrol bombs at police. They beat up people who disagree with them, including old people. They bully and threaten children and families of the policemen. Their fellow school principals and teachers allow the bullying of children of the policemen. Their fellow medical mobsters (doctors and nurses) demand that their voices be heard or else....These are not examples of humanity but of inhumane insanity. She is even in support of the trade war that causes both US and China to suffer. How is that humane? Incidentally, the PLA Garrison is just at the next room and can be called upon any time. The trade war will not prevent that because Hong Kong matter is a domestic affair.

"The only way to counter this global suppression is by hitting (China) where it really hurts," she said...

Oh, look at the amount of hate in her speech. I don't see anything humane in this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-9-18 15:08:22 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2019-9-18 13:30
Dennis Ho claims to fight for "humanity" but the actions of the pro-democracy mobsters are anyth ...

re: "Oh, look at the amount of hate in her speech. I don't see anything humane in this."

I'm afraid they been drugged by an unknown substance...

I'm a rather old guy, but never ever have I seen such behavior like them rioters provide us with...  

But once that mask been forcefully removed, seemingly the violence ceases instantly...

like a blind chicken, however a blind chicken is not going to last long...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-9-19 14:18:23 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2019-9-18 15:08
re: "Oh, look at the amount of hate in her speech. I don't see anything humane in this."

I'm a ...
  I'm afraid they been drugged by an unknown substance...

This "unknown substance" is a psychological disease that has been planted before the 1997 handover and is now manifesting itself in all its horror and gory after the incubation period.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-9-19 19:02:14 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2019-9-19 14:18
This "unknown substance" is a psychological disease that has been planted before the 1997 handov ...

Question now is:   What kind of medication would be able to reduce this horrible disease...

Even their own family are suffering from them zombies...

School teachers are openly putting death wishes on children from police officers...
     I'd call such behavior unsuitable to walk around freely and on top of it teach primary school children

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.