Author: ceciliazhang

Chinese students in the US annoyed by being seen as "spies"   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-7-14 23:40:27 |Display all floors
kevinruud Post time: 2019-7-14 15:59
it is bad manners for these colleges not to offer buddy service to Chinese students.

They will ... once they find a way to charge a fee for it ...
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-15 04:30:11 |Display all floors
kevinruud Post time: 2019-7-14 15:59
it is bad manners for these colleges not to offer buddy service to Chinese students.

You mean the kind of "buddy services" on offer on Chinese campuses as recently publicised? And wouldn't the Chinese students inevitably believe that these buddies are "spying" on them ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-15 04:32:01 |Display all floors
mbursian Post time: 2019-7-14 11:20
There's little tolerance in the US these days for non-native English speakers conversing in their na ...

"On the 3 occasions over the past 15 years we've visited the US no one has ever confronted or challenged us about conversing in Chinese in public (restaurants, malls, and etc.)."

This sentence contradicts your opening claim. What is more valuable to you: your own personal experience in USA or your "expectations" of what might happen ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-16 11:48:20 |Display all floors
Look, if they don't welcome my presence,  I won't go there. It is that simple a solution!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-16 13:32:00 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-7-14 00:00
What is the number one expression that is said to foreigners in China?
Answer: "We don't like spie ...
As a matter of fact, it was the very first thing said to me by the headmaster, when I arrived at my new school,

You made it up, didn't you?
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-16 20:40:53 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2019-7-16 11:48
Look, if they don't welcome my presence,  I won't go there. It is that simple a solution!

They will be very pleased to hear that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-17 07:29:14 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2019-7-16 13:32
You made it up, didn't you?

Unlike you, I don't make things up.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.