Author: pnp

Topless Men In Public Places Are An Eyesore!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-7-15 14:08:57 |Display all floors
GVTCC Post time: 2019-7-13 20:11
In Middle East and South Asia, females have to cover themselves up, so why is it surprising Chinese  ...

"In Middle East and South Asia, females have to cover themselves up"
"It is only social customs."

You have contradicted yourself!  They 'have to cover themselves up' because that is the law, and they face very harsh penalties if they don't.  Then you said "It is only social customs.!  No it is not, if it is ONLY customs, they are free to choose, but they are not!  Where is the freedom?  At least China does not have such harsh penalties for not covering up, it merely fines them a small sum, and very often they don't even enforce this law!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-15 17:45:10 |Display all floors
Well done Shengyang, well done..... GO CHINA!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-16 05:10:46 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-7-15 11:23
By your weird logic, males and females should wear less in winter?

A whole lot less - if you've got it, flaunt it !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-16 10:49:05 |Display all floors
YowieChen Post time: 2019-7-15 17:45
Well done Shengyang, well done..... GO CHINA!

And well done to Jinan too!  They both want to give their cities a good presentation, no one should fault that!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-21 13:57:22 |Display all floors
Not only Chinese cities, but Venice also has a law which requires everyone to cover up in public.  "The law requires people to wear a shirt in public," reports the media!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-21 21:51:47 |Display all floors
yes, these guys are really unpleasant sights on the street or in other public areas, but there has been far fewer of them than 30 years ago when few homes got air conditioning, so in summer everybody stayed out in the evening till quite late at night, and a big part of them were topless, roaming on the streets or huddling together to play cards or talking, no one  paid much attention.
I sometimes miss those early years when there was always fun everywhere, so many alluring things in the food stores that made my mouth water, nowadays there are far more stores and I got the money to buy anything I want, but the appetite is long gone.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-21 21:57:19 |Display all floors
no need to argue, Chinese despise topless guys in public areas, and very few chinese men do that anymore, it's a good thing.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.