Author: pnp

Shenzhen's Hilarious Mispronunciation Of Bus Stop Names! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-5-14 10:30:46 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2019-5-13 20:49
The first time I went to Germany, I took a train ride from Bremen to Frankfurt, and the conductor's  ...

That's exctly what happens to foreigners listening to this PA on SZ's buses! They could get off at the wrong stop because of wrong pronunciation by this foreign announcer!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-14 10:38:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2019-5-14 11:39
emanreus Post time: 2019-5-13 16:46
re:  The foreigner's announcement is a disastrous,

In my opinion, them foreigners doing it pur ...

" In my opinion, them foreigners doing it purposely to get a reaction like we do right now..."

Well, I am not so sure if 'foreigners doing it purposely'; in this case it is obvious that she makes many genuine mistakes because she is just not familiar with Chinese names!  And being paid handsomely for it too!  Who is the sucker here?  None other than the Chinese bus company!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-14 10:39:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2019-5-14 11:38

"After all, nothing wrong with the Chinese side."

Yes, I can vouch for that, the Chinese announcements are perfect, because they are done by a local, a native Chinese speaker!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-14 10:42:46 |Display all floors

"In my opinion, do like they do in the US, UK, Australia and other Counties with a large Chinese population...
    Announcement will be made only in English...   Having problems with the language, bad luck..."

Good suggestion; while in China, learn to understand public announcements made in Chinese!  There is no need for Chinese companies to pander to foreigners' ignorance of Putonghua, with English announcements!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.