Author: ceciliazhang

What do you think about punctuality? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-4-29 17:19:53 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2019-4-27 16:12

Agree that time could be translated into money!
Unfortunately, in China if one turns up on time for wedding dinner, it is considered to be IMPOLITE or even too hungry and needs food! STRANGE!
So, food for wedding dinner will be served late than stated time so as to show respect that no one is here for the food. Worse is food waste is considered PRIDE!
Rather idiotic explanation!
Have they not seen the poor in rural China having nothing to eat!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2019-4-30 17:56:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1584austin at 2019-4-30 17:59

Very important.

There is nothing that annoys me more when someone is late or a service is not as scheduled

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-1 12:55:16 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2019-4-30 17:56
Very important.

There is nothing that annoys me more when someone is late or a service is not as sc ...

or when people 'forget' to tell you about meetings or a change of plan, and then get annoyed when you are late (or not present)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-1 14:52:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2019-5-1 14:53
wchao37 Post time: 2019-4-28 08:28
True.

I had been to Germany several times.  If a train is scheduled to leave the Hauptbahnoff at ...

"Foreigners can assess the quality of a country's products by measuring just one parameter -- punctuality."

So China hasn't got quaity products because it doesn't rank high on punctuality according to the OP?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-1 14:56:02 |Display all floors
So in many countries it's OK to arrive late for one's wedding and keep the bride waiting?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-2 14:26:38 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-5-1 14:52
"Foreigners can assess the quality of a country's products by measuring just one parameter -- punct ...

It depends on who's doing the punctuality testing!  Subjectivity is a problem as in the case of Boeing -- despite the disastrous performance of the company, it still has high ratings from its own monitoring agencies.  

My own experience is that punctuality in many places has greatly improved in China, and the high-speed trains in particular seem to be very punctual, and to me that reflects the good quality of Chinese goods.

I just heard yesterday that Berlin is beset with problems in building its airport, not to mention continual delays since the inception of the project.  

Compared to high-quality Chinese infrastructural projects like Beijing's spanking new airport, the German capital has little to show for its efficiency reputation and industrial prowess, so the punctuality of their trains I had observed years ago has little relevance to the nation's present situation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-2 15:18:02 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2019-4-27 16:12

Time is priceless!
Nations with punctuality concept prove to the world it is important.
Unfortunately, Japanese and Germans are not always punctual for social gathering. Their reasons are no time for play or enjoyment! WORK! WORK! WORK!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.