Author: ceciliazhang

What do you think about punctuality? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-4-27 16:14:57 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-27 17:58:12 |Display all floors
Western Europe - punctuality is expected for meetings/work - this includes things like doctors appointements etc
personal life, not so much, but it is still good manners to be on time, or advise ahead of time if you are going to be delayed or not going to keep an appointment.

lateness or lack of communication is considered disrespectful/poor manners, even more so if the person you are meeting is foreign.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-27 20:01:55 |Display all floors
punctuality was " made in Germany "
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-28 08:28:22 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2019-4-27 20:01
punctuality was " made in Germany "

True.

I had been to Germany several times.  If a train is scheduled to leave the Hauptbahnoff at 8 a.m. you've better be onboard at 7:59 a.m. at the latest.  You can check your watch when it starts moving.  If it says the time is 8:01 your watch is one minute too fast.

China's high-speed trains are almost as good on that score.

Foreigners can assess the quality of a country's products by measuring just one parameter -- punctuality.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-28 13:22:53 |Display all floors
Reminds me of the phrase “Hawaiian 20 minutes” I heard twenty some years ago when I visited Hawaii. According to the locals if they tell you they will meet you in20 minutes, it could be 20 minutes, two hours, or two weeks later.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-28 21:13:23 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-4-28 08:28
True.

I had been to Germany several times.  If a train is scheduled to leave the Hauptbahnoff at ...

not anymore nowadays...delays are "normal" now....train-punctuality Japan is still and already for many many years
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-29 15:28:25 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2019-4-28 21:13
not anymore nowadays...delays are "normal" now....train-punctuality Japan is still and already for ...

That's probably because Pompeo was scheduled to be riding on that train on an extremely urgent mission, and the Germans had to make a late exception for him.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.