Views: 2432|Replies: 11

How to interpret “好男儿志在四方” [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-4-20 09:34:54 |Display all floors
In 9180s there was a popular song named 'Who is real hero?" in which the shouting of “好男儿志在四方” was so touching that your heart could not help beating fast than normal and even up to now it still sounds powerful to ears!
Just now  I translated the ‘slogan’ as the following:
"-A good boy is so ambitious that he takes the whole world as the stage for the  performance of his talent! "

Dear reader friends:I am looking forward for the best English version of the same saying from you!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-21 07:07:23 |Display all floors
翻译:The  hero is in the square.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-21 18:15:08 |Display all floors
zhao jianguo Post time: 2019-4-21 07:07
翻译:The  hero is in the square.

Ho, I could not help laughing when I first saw your reply on the cellphone this morning! YOU were kidding in a no serious way!
'四方‘ does not mean an oblong which has four right angles! Your translation is unacceptable even for native Chinese let alone foreign friends!

"A real man should has strong determination to do achievement anywhere he goes!"

Anyway thanks for your participation!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-21 18:25:59 |Display all floors
A good child should set up an ideal to do good job no matter where he or she settles down when growing up!
(Originally 男儿 refers to ‘boy’ or ‘man’; Here it should also include ‘girls’ or 'women' since this famous proverb is fit for all human kinds!  We should not look down on female friends! )

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-23 13:58:51 |Display all floors
(For parents): Ambitious child should be brave enough to go anywhere to make achievements!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-25 11:18:36 |Display all floors
a true man should not stay at home for his career

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-25 16:27:06 |Display all floors
GVTCC Post time: 2019-4-25 11:18
a true man should not stay at home for his career

"A  true man should not (only)stay at home for his career."
You are clever! Your fresh saying reminds me that Chinese idiom '烘云托月" which means:When you want to draw the bright Moon, you first paint the clouds in the background that job will naturally show the outlook of the Satellite!   
Yes, a free expressing atmosphere can let us tell out the same story in  colorful ways! That is the attraction of powerful English!
Thanks for your contribution to my post!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.