Author: knox1234

UK’s Huawei review should not be weaponized   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-4-21 16:51:49 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2019-4-21 15:45
Going by your analogy, if the customer does not buy and walks away, it is fine with the shopkeeper ...

true, the shopkeeper may get angry, but when unrelated people get involved and 'angry', then it becomes ridiculous.

for example when certain software companies were banned in China, i don't recall populations of certain countries getting upset or 'hurt'.
that is the nature of business.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-22 13:25:14 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2019-4-20 16:06
to be honest, i have found some shop-keepers in China get angry when i decide not to buy their produ ...

Empathise with you! Chinese shopkeepers often behave like poor losers,  they cant take a No from customers, put on sour face, even make snide comments!  And they are very pushy too, uisng high pressure tactics, makes me afraid to walk in and make enquiries!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-22 13:27:55 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2019-4-20 17:30
Normally the keepers would take the rejection well if you are not rude to them ...

Never heard of customers being rude when they reject a product; more likely shopkeepers are just poor losers, unable to accept No, especially when they have spent some time on customer, they felt they have wasted their time!  This is a very poor attitude!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-22 13:31:11 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2019-4-21 15:45
Going by your analogy, if the customer does not buy and walks away, it is fine with the shopkeeper ...

"However, if another customer goes around telling other customers not to buy from the particular shop and spreads rumours about the shop, that is unfair to the shopkeeper. The shopkeeper has good reason to be angry."

Yes, only IF customer bad mouthed the shop, which is very unlikely unless the shopkeeper had given him/her poor service!  My experience is that shopkeepers are unhappy if customers dont buy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-22 17:53:54 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-4-22 13:31
"However, if another customer goes around telling other customers not to buy from the particular s ...

if i have had a poor experience with a product or poor customer service, i will tell people i know.
likewise i will tell people if an experience has been good.

if i have not tried a product, not personally experienced bad service or whatever, i won't go around telling people to 'boycott' a company of product.
I don't support products manufactured or developed in my country JUST BECAUSE they are from my country.
nor will i get upset of someone decides, for whatever reason, not to purchase or use such a product.
to do so would not be rational.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-22 18:26:17 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-4-22 13:31
"However, if another customer goes around telling other customers not to buy from the particular s ...

BlondeAmber was referrring to Huawei's case with that analogy and I replied accordingly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-22 18:37:05 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2019-4-21 16:51
true, the shopkeeper may get angry, but when unrelated people get involved and 'angry', then it be ...

This is what I mentioned:

However, if another customer goes around telling other customers not to buy from the particular shop and spreads rumours about the shop, that is unfair to the shopkeeper. The shopkeeper has good reason to be angry.

Everyone can make their own choice about purchasing an item but to go around spreading lies and telling others not to buy from a certain shop is not really nice.

for example when certain software companies were banned in China, i don't recall populations of certain countries getting upset or 'hurt'.
that is the nature of busines

But did China go around to other countries telling them to ban the "certain software companies" as well? NO! That is the big difference over this matter.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.