Author: serenades

Blogger 'English useless' post starts war of words   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-3-21 15:53:39 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2019-3-21 12:29
Yes, you are correct!

A preschooler is charged at RMB400per hour tution for one-to-one! It is mo ...

he am always correct

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-21 16:00:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2019-3-21 16:02
wchao37 Post time: 2019-3-21 13:55
I don't think that's true, even though on the surface it does look that way as far as recruiting E ...

"What you are seeing is limited to a very few endeavors -- English teaching being one of them."

Beg to differ! Their prejudice is not limited to English teaching.  Exhibitors who can afford it would hire whites, males and females, to hang around their stalls to attract visitors.  I mistook them to be employees and asked about their products;  they happily told me they knew nothing about the products, they were only models!  Now, ask yourself, why have white models?  It's obvious, they know Chinese love to see whites and would come round to their stalls in a very competitive environment where there are many similar products! Exhibitors are taking advantage of something they know very well, the Chinese preference for whites!  Oh, don't forget, some time ago, there was a parade of half naked whites down the streets of Beijing, promoting a product or service for a Chinese company.  They all add up, don't they?  Any more doubt?  Trust me, I have been in China long enough to know a thing or two about Chinese mentality!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-21 16:07:02 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-3-21 13:55
I don't think that's true, even though on the surface it does look that way as far as recruiting E ...

If anything, Chinese culture couldn't have survived intact for so long -- longer than any other culture -- if that's the case.""

Gosh, you are making a statement about two very different matters!  There is no correlation between prejudice in recruitment of English teachers and China's culture!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-21 17:22:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by JeffreyArcher at 2019-3-21 17:39
pnp Post time: 2019-3-21 16:00
"What you are seeing is limited to a very few endeavors -- English teaching being one of them."

Be ...

They were dressed as sparton warriors and were being exploited. China must stop exploitation of foreigners for greedy profits

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-21 17:27:31 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2019-3-20 23:48
A school in Panyu, Guangzhou, Guangdong charges RMB400per one hour session for preschooler with s ...

Pre-schoolers do not need "special Apps" or "special lessons" to learn. I was on a train a few months ago and met a mother with a pre-schooler. We chat a bit and I found out the pre-schooler was using an app to learn very simple phrases that any child could learn in a normal school. Of course, the App's price is "special" too. There is a price to pay for foolishness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-21 17:41:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-21 17:41:46 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-3-21 06:37
Going to the extreme -- that's the case here.

The craze is harmful.  There are people now in Hong ...

Some, or maybe many parents, think that education is like consumption goods. They think that just like products or food, the more it costs, the better quality they are. Too bad education is not like that. Education involves other factors than just price and product. Parents prefer International Schools under the mistaken notion that children learn better under a conducive environment with many international students. There is an element of truth to that. However, if you look at some Western countries where English is the native language, there are many locals who cannot spell correctly and are bad at grammar. This proves that even with an immersive environment there is a limit to learning a language. Parents must first find out what are the key fundamental elements in English language that need to be learned. So far, all I see is parents just following the crowd--just herd mentality.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.