Views: 30239|Replies: 13

Self-driving tours increasingly popular in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-3-11 17:14:43 |Display all floors
The Chinese made 580 million self-driving trips across domestic destinations in 2018, a year-on-year increase of 35.6 percent, according to the China Tourism Academy (CTA).

According to data from the CTA, around 70 percent of domestic road trips in 2018 were excursions with a driving distance of no more than 200 kilometers and a travel period between two to three days. However, the number of long-distance and outbound self-driving trips saw growth in 2018.

The self-driving market was expanding, said Dai Bin, head of the CTA.

The development and application of new technologies such as the mobile Internet, big data and artificial intelligence changed people's way of traveling and promoted the development of relevant industries, including car rentals, caravan manufacturing and campground development, Dai said. Car-rental platforms such as eHi, CAR Inc. and Ctrip now provide both domestic and overseas services.

Last year, Chinese made more than 5.5 billion domestic trips and 150 million overseas trips. The CTA predicts a continuous increase of self-driving trips in China in 2019.

Dai advocates more attention on environmental protection during road trips. He said that the massive usage of private cars, cross-country vehicles, caravans and recovery vehicles may cause greater impact on the natural and human environment, compared to hiking, cycling or bus tours.

"Associations, companies and travelers should pay more attention to protecting the environment during such trips," Dai said.

Source(s): Xinhua News Agency

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-11 17:49:22 |Display all floors

Not good unless there is proper monitoring and survelliance.
Characteristic of destruction and devastating will be unsightly!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-11 22:16:40 |Display all floors
seems there's a better word for self-driving tour,  road trip.

then regarding the subject, I don't have a car yet so I can't say much, but I've always had the dream of driving my family to some place with water and hills on weekends, so the kid can enjoy himself and enbrace mother nature once in a while, and we adults can also have a change of scene  and get some fresh air.

Bbbbbbbbbut, I hear stories often, from friends or news, that on the road there are bad people driving rented expensive cars who would create accident, pretend it was caused by you, and then request damages.  and more scary, some gangsters stop your car by blocking the road with vehicles, then rob you. even if you are so lucky to get to your destination safely, there might be traps waithing for you, lodging, food, tickets etc.

so, with safety being my frist priority I can only let go that dream, I hope someday people won't be troubled by such things anymore.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-12 06:41:48 |Display all floors
vlwow Post time: 2019-3-11 22:16
seems there's a better word for self-driving tour,  road trip.

then regarding the subject, I don't ...

"some gangsters stop your car by blocking the road with vehicles, then rob you"

Are you talking about roads in China?
Human lives mean nothing when the western warmongers see a bigger gain through war

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-12 16:00:14 |Display all floors
1626548377 Post time: 2019-3-12 06:41
"some gangsters stop your car by blocking the road with vehicles, then rob you"

Are you talking a ...

Definitely, of course I don't think it happens only in China.
I know about this not from first-hand experiences of my friends, but from news with videos.

it's usually a highway which connects cities or towns but not very wide, and doesn't have much trffaic,  or it's a narrow village road, then a few gangsters drive along the road to pick the target, once target is picked they will follow the target, meanwhile call their associates ahead along the road who will then block the road with a truck or a car,  thus the target got nowhere else to run. in one video I saw the angry or panicking driver just floored the gas pedal and knocked over the guy in front of his car.   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-12 21:48:43 |Display all floors

Pleasent beautiful country landscape may be harmed by those less responsible.

LITTERING! DESTRUCTION! VANDALISM!

Please do not encourage!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-13 03:03:40 |Display all floors
car-rental-firms will be in trouble
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.