Author: robert237

US overthrown Venezuela? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-2-26 17:32:55 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2019-2-25 18:19
thanks for your piece and extremely well written link: handshake
     However, could the EU be so  ...

The situation is complicated. But I think one of the main reason is the CONTROL of oil. US needs to be in control of the situation. Do you know that US also export oil?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-26 17:39:56 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2019-2-25 23:33
The US meddling in the Middle East is partly out of stupidity and partly provoked by Israel. Don't ...

I agree with you on the peaceful existence of both Israel and Palestine. The background of Israel is controversial but nevertheless, Israel still needs a place to call its own after centuries of exile. I actually read the Bible part to understand Israel further so I do sympathise with Israel on this one.

Israel must be controlled by the West.

I am open to that but I do not see why it should be only that way. Can't Israel also be independent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-26 18:06:09 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2019-2-26 17:32
The situation is complicated. But I think one of the main reason is the CONTROL of oil. US needs t ...

I'm an ex oil man,
as any trader, buy for 1 dollar (under the table) and sell for 1.50 dollar.

But oil, even with Venezuela sitting on presently known largest deposits, isn't the reason they figure that they  must march in...

Rare Earth is the ultimate goal...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-27 18:07:19 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2019-2-26 18:06
I'm an ex oil man,

That's new to me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-27 18:08:33 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2019-2-26 18:06
I'm an ex oil man,

That's something new to me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-28 02:17:29 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2019-2-27 18:08
That's something new to me.

Still, I don't think the Venezuelans are going to put up a Vietnamese type of resistance.  The country's history is too short and few are truly willing to die for their cause.  There is a lack of cohesiveness, and Maduro is not Hugo Chavez whose personal charisma was the glue that help the nation together for a long time after the oil industry was nationalized in 1999."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-28 17:04:22 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-2-28 02:17
Still, I don't think the Venezuelans are going to put up a Vietnamese type of resistance. ...

Venezuela's biggest problem is the weak economy. So, there are countries who want to take advantage of the situation to advance own interests. The "aid" invasion is a ploy to make the situation more messy by pulling at the heartstrings of the already suffering people. Looks like it is working to a certain extent. Some soldiers of Maduro have deflected.

Still, I don't think the Venezuelans are going to put up a Vietnamese type of resistance.

Asians may be small in physique but the will to survive against all odds is one of the strongest among the human species.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.