Author: pnp

'Shenzhen gov't to start fight against e-cigarettes', [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-2-25 00:36:45 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-2-24 12:54
"calling someone's claims "spurious" is an ad hominem attack"

No, it is not!  Are you clinging on ...

And this is where you start twisting my words around. I would urge that readers, every time you claim I "said something", to go back and read previous posts to see if I actually said what you claim I said.

I NEVER claimed that vaping was "good for your lungs", I said my lungs had improved since I switched from smoking tobacco to vaping. Everyone's lungs will improve when they stop filling them full of tar and PM 2.5 smoke particulates. that's a fact.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-25 01:07:13 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-2-24 13:44
Readers must never be misled by your claim that vaping is good for their lungs, lest they start pu ...
... lest they start puffing the poisonous fumes of e-cigarettes!

What's in cigarette smoke?
Here are a few of the chemicals in tobacco smoke:

Acetone
Acetic acid
Ammonia
Arsenic
Benzene
Butane
Cadmium
Carbon monoxide
Cooling Flavour
Formaldehyde
Glycerol
Hexamine
Lead
Naphthalene
Methanol
Mint Flavour
Nicotine
Propylene Glycol
Tar
Toluene

What's in the Nicorette Quickmist Inhaler? (This item is a pharmaceutical Nicotine Replacement Therapy product approved by governments, and used in Quit Smoking programs)

Nicotine
Propylene Glycol
Anhydrous Ethanol
Trometamol
Poloxamer 407
Glycerol (Vegetable Glycerin)
Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate
Levomenthol
Mint flavour
Cooling flavour

Sucralose
Acesulfame Potassium
Hydrochloric Acid
Purified Water

What's in the average bottle of Vaping liquid?

Nicotine (optional)
Propylene Glycol (also used as a germicide)
Glycerol (Vegetable Glycerine)
Natural and/or Artificial Flavour

Note that I have highlighted the ingredients common to each of the above. The ingredient list in tobacco is shortened. There are approximately 250 ingredients added to tobacco in the manufacturing of cigarettes. Those 250 ingredients, when burned, combine to make approximately 7000 chemicals, of which 65 are known carcinogens.

Where are these poisonous fumes of e-cigarettes to which you refer?
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-25 11:02:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2019-2-25 11:14
cmknight Post time: 2019-2-25 00:36
And this is where you start twisting my words around. I would urge that readers, every time you cl ...

No, I did not twist your words, they are there so plain for all to read!  You were pushing the line that e-cigarettes helped you have very good lungs, even said your doctor said your lungs are very good after you switched to e-cigarettes from cigarettes!  How else am I supposed to interpret your words?  And many readers would similarly be misled, hence I have no choice but to expose your claim for what it is!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-25 11:10:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2019-2-25 11:12
cmknight Post time: 2019-2-25 00:25
Oh, i'm sorry. I wasn't aware that use of science and links to studies that prove vaping is a safe ...

Regardless what you say, governments don't take this issue lightly!  They don't make decisions to ban e-cigarette smoking in public, and in the case of Hong Kong, even criminalise the manufacture and sale,  based on unscientific studies!!  Please give them some credit!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-25 11:12:22 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-2-25 00:28
How about the claims and testimonials from thousands of smokers who have switched over to vaping t ...

Well, you have to go convince the governments, who only want to protect the health of their citizens;  who can fault that?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-25 13:23:41 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-2-25 00:36
And this is where you start twisting my words around. I would urge that readers, every time you cl ...

"Everyone's lungs will improve when they stop filling them full of tar and PM 2.5 smoke particulates. that's a fact."

Don't need you to tell us that; but you have left out the other portion in which you claimed to have vaped since 2012, directly linking vaping to your 'good lungs', when in fact vapes contain nicotine and other poisonous chemicals!  My advice to readers is much better than yours, never start smoking cigarettes or e-cigarettes, they will have better lungs than yours!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-26 13:10:48 |Display all floors
allnightlong Post time: 2019-2-24 20:17
yes commend commend but this is talk about china place and who will take care of it?

Shenzhen has a government, it is duty bound to enforce the ban.  Unfortunately, its record on policing the smoking ban is dismal, there are still many people smoking in shopping mall toilets and bus stops etc.  Its smoking ban enforcement team will occasionally inspect restaurants and internet bars,  just for show, with SZ TV cameras rolling, to let everyone know that it is doing its job, when in fact those are only a very small number of smoking spots!  Many areas are not targeted, exposing non smokers to poisonous second-hand smoke.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.