Author: tenderloin

IP Protection is a smokescreen , Sneaky US wants one thing ONLY, embarrasing    Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-2-2 12:48:26 |Display all floors
I have friends and acquaintances who work in these software companies and they tell me that before Big Data and Cloud Computing came into existence, there was no way to prevent any user from placing a blank disc into a Zipspin and produce ten thousand copies of Windows 3.1 for distribution.  Now with Cloud Computing you need to subscribe to their use annually on a renewal basis, and not just start using it with a copy and a code.  So piracy in this area has virtually disappeared because of lack of legacy compatibility – you can’t use an 2015 version to do 2018 projects.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-2 12:48:44 |Display all floors
All this goes to show that you cannot then single China out and say “hey you thief you are stealing my IP rights point black – what am I a sucker or what?” when this is a global phenomenon, including inside the good ole USA itself, where I have heard that you can simply go to any pirating website and download material to your heart’s desires.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-2 12:51:47 |Display all floors
In fact any unbiased observer can see that China is actually the best performer on IP rights as far as products like Windows is concerned.  By Chinese law all official government agencies and SOEs use original factory-manufactured software.  This is not something even Western countries have committed to do.  Other than for the Confucian culture, this is also because Chinese patents have reached a level that its IP rights need to be protected just as foreign ones do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-2 12:52:10 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2019-2-1 20:27
How do you verify that such accusations are false ? Merely because high tech Chinese companies den ...

The only way to verify the truth is by providing hard evidence, not just accusations. It is easy to accuse and speculate.

Wihere there is smoke, there is fire.

Lies and false accusations are not smoke, just hot air!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-2 12:59:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2019-2-2 17:39

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-2 15:00:57 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2019-1-29 20:02
USA wants to hurt image of China.

Have you ever seen the A Team movie? And at the end they are at  ...

Your idea is brilliant.

Alas, unfortunately the CIA guy was blind and he didn't really know what he was doing.

The screenplay sort of peters out after that scene.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2019-2-2 16:17:48 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.