Author: ceciliazhang

Airlines told to ban smoking in cockpits [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-1-29 11:21:36 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2019-1-28 23:15
That's starting to show.

You are allowed to have, and present your opinions, and in this case I a ...

"But you should stop phrasing your opinions about how things should be, as if they were laws or regulations in China or anywhere else, beause in those aspects you come off really ignorant and uneducated."

I can phrase  it in my own way, as a  passenger! I can also demand the airlines should be punished, not told to stop that filthy practice allowing secondhand smoke into passenger cabins through the air-vents, not to mention the risk of malfunction!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-29 20:03:04 |Display all floors
I can also demand the airlines should be punished

Punished for what? Punished for following laws made by state leadership and aviation administration?

You don't seem to have a clue about what kind of world you are demanding to return to.

Should we all demand to burn our witches, each according to our own ideas of right and wrong?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-29 20:10:33 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2019-1-29 10:21
What if the aircraft is on fire and the crew are burning ? Are they allowed to smoke then ?

I suspected someone would raise such issue, which is why I speciically wrote "Smoking by humans" - as opposed to smoking humans.

In the same trend, we should keep in mind that smoke is side product of burning something, and most aircraft generate thrust by burning kerosene or other propellant. CO2 emissions from aircrafts are the smoking product of that process. If we were to ban all smoking in aircrafts, we would not be able to get most of them off the ground, much less to stay airborne.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-30 10:50:12 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2019-1-29 20:03
Punished for what? Punished for following laws made by state leadership and aviation administratio ...

"You don't seem to have a clue about what kind of world you are demanding to return to."

I know exactly what kind of world we should return to, one where the law on smoking in public places and airline be strictly enforced!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-30 10:52:13 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2019-1-29 20:10
I suspected someone would raise such issue, which is why I speciically wrote "Smoking by humans" - ...

"If we were to ban all smoking in aircrafts, we would not be able to get most of them off the ground, much less to stay airborne."

Trying to confuse the issue; it's about cigarette smoking in the cockpit and cabin, not about CO2 generated outside by plane taking off!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-30 11:17:14 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-1-30 10:52
"If we were to ban all smoking in aircrafts, we would not be able to get most of them off the grou ...
Trying to confuse the issue;

No, replying to another poster (who was not you) about a comical point.

If anyone is confusng this comedy to the real issue at hand, it was you just there in your out-of-place reply. Just stop replying to things which you don't understand, can you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-30 11:31:46 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-1-30 10:50
"You don't seem to have a clue about what kind of world you are demanding to return to."

I know e ...
exactly what kind of world we should return to, one where the law on smoking in public places and airline be strictly enforced!

So start by contributing to world where laws, and not your own opinions, are enforced.

In this particular case, law was speciifcally made to give airlines 2 year period of grace, during which smoking in cockpits WAS allowed. That's why it has continued until the rules were now changed.

If you want to blame something for that, blame the government that granted such period.

But you really seem to come from culture where there are bigger problems than understanding legal issues, and living in even country like China can be chalenging for you.

Then if we seriously talk about smoking and flight safety, knowing the smoking habits iin China, I'm not sure if I' rather have a pilot smoking, or suffering from withdrawal symptoms while flying the plane.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.