Author: ceciliazhang

Airlines told to ban smoking in cockpits [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-1-26 11:42:18 |Display all floors
Shocking that they actually have been allowing their crew to smoke in the cockpit!!  Disgusting!  They should have been fined heavily by CAAC, not just ban that from now on!!  Smoking is not allowed on the plane and that applies to all areas, inclduing the cockpit!  Must we as passengers demand that?  The CAAC has been too lax with arlines to allow that till now!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-26 13:25:37 |Display all floors
Actually, it's not really that shocking that it was still going on. Even on the ground, buses have strict no-smoking rules, but I have been on several trips on inter-city buses, as well as overnight buses, where the drivers light up and have the window open.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-26 13:57:38 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-1-26 13:25
Actually, it's not really that shocking that it was still going on. Even on the ground, buses have s ...

Inter-city and other coaches are more lax, which they should never be, not so the scheduled buses running in the city, no one smokes in them and the drivers and conductors see to that!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-26 17:35:13 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-1-26 11:42
Shocking that they actually have been allowing their crew to smoke in the cockpit!!  Disgusting!  Th ...
Smoking is not allowed on the plane and that applies to all areas, inclduing the cockpit!

As always, you are so misinformed -  even when the facts were mentioned in OP:

"banned in the passenger cabin and toilets of all aircraft in October 2017, but individual airlines had the option to permit smoking in the cockpit for two years. "

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-27 11:17:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2019-1-27 11:21
Jaaja Post time: 2019-1-26 17:35
As always, you are so misinformed -  even when the facts were mentioned in OP:

"banned in the p ...

I don't bother to read, my immediate reaction is as expressed in my reply when I read the headline!  regardless what is said in the OP, my opinion stands!  Besides the risk of malfunction, the smoke from the cockpit is circulated throughout the enclosed cabin,  secondhand smoke is very bad for the health of passengers!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-28 23:15:01 |Display all floors
I don't bother to read

That's starting to show.

You are allowed to have, and present your opinions, and in this case I agree with them. Smoking by humans should be banned in all compartments of every aircraft, and in many more places on the ground.

But you should stop phrasing your opinions about how things should be, as if they were laws or regulations in China or anywhere else, beause in those aspects you come off really ignorant and uneducated.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-29 10:21:45 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2019-1-28 23:15
That's starting to show.

You are allowed to have, and present your opinions, and in this case I a ...

What if the aircraft is on fire and the crew are burning ? Are they allowed to smoke then ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.