Author: wchao37

Plausible Outcomes of the Coming Trade Talks   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-1-24 18:33:32 |Display all floors
"Constantly blaming others about IP 'theft' when all these deals were market-to-tech swaps entered voluntarily without coercion.  All were mutually agreed to by the relevant parties involved."

After they made money out of the China market, they now conveniently retract their agreement and say their tech shared was actually only their collateral for the deal to go through and therefore the local partner must now pay for what was shared. But the agreements signed never mention anything like that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-24 19:12:16 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2019-1-24 18:33
"Constantly blaming others about IP 'theft' when all these deals were market-to-tech swaps entered v ...

Exactly.

Anyone who has any experience in making business deals -- even like leasing a doctor's office from a building manager -- knows that an agreement is like a river described by Heraclitis -- you only step into the same river once.

You can't sign a business document, reap the benefits and go back to claim more monetary compensation just by claiming that the original tech transfer was meant to be collateral only.

What collateral?  The only thing that is of any import was the signed document of market swap with tech transfer.  When they signed for the transfer they were only giving the Chinese second-rate material at first-rate prices.

The thing they never imagined was how the highly-intelligent Chinese managed to take that originally second-rate model and, after a decades-long effort, to re-fashion it into a first-rate innovation with China's own intellectual property rights on the new product.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-24 21:10:15 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-1-23 17:05
You can think whatever way you want.

Still the fact of the matter is that the current Mr. Trudeau ...

beat the odds to become the leader  Anyone born here can be PM

Five of Canada's 23 prime ministers since Confederation would generally be considered as “French-Canadian”. These are Laurier, St. Laurent, Pierre Trudeau, Chretien and Justin Trudeau.

We don't see French and Anglo like you do, he is a Canadian, something you obviously don't understand.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-24 21:15:50 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-1-24 04:00
Absolutely.

I have followed that story for more than a decade now.

Like most people, I didn't believe it a bit when the rumors got started because it would be too big a lie.

Why would anyone believe in anything you say

Opinion polls taken in various locations have shown that between 6% and 20% of Americans, 25% of Britons, and 28% of Russians surveyed believe that the manned landings were faked.

If you think that is most people you failed math, now maybe in china, where you are all so brainwashed with all your censorship and no open internet.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-25 08:26:55 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2019-1-24 21:15
Like most people, I didn't believe it a bit when the rumors got started because it would be too bi ...

I have the right to believe or disbelieve just like you do.

All we can do is to take our tablets out and compare notes.

My belief is based on the number of lies that have come out of the U.S. since the time it was established, the most recent of which were the 7000+ lies documented by the country's own major newspaper, the NYTimes.

In this case I saw the pictures how a real landing would look like, since NASA was using its own satellites to monitor the landing.

And it was so different from the 1969 'landing' by Armstrong.  

You can believe whatever you want to believe, but those beliefs have better be based on rational thought and not on groundless assertions.

Your quoting of statistical figures in the belief profile of various nations lacks persuasive power.

It used to be the case before Columbus that the majority of the Europeans thought the earth was flat and that he would eventually drop off a precipitous edge.  Did that actually happen?

That of cause was proven to be wrong, so practice is the only way to distinguish truth from falsehood, and facts from non-facts.  

Majority thought is no substitute for rational thought.   

There is so such thing called Juish facts.  It is either factual or non-factual.

Your occupation of Palestinian lands is a fact, no matter how much you want to agitate against its veracity with your version of Juish facts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-25 08:45:53 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2019-1-24 21:15
Like most people, I didn't believe it a bit when the rumors got started because it would be too bi ...

Do the math again, you math genius.

I said, "Like most people, I didn't believe it a bit when the rumors got started because it would be too big a lie."

That means most people, including me, didn't believe that the landing on the Moon could be faked.  That would be too big a lie that wouldn't stand the test of time.

Subsequent events proved that the doubters could very well be correct, especially on account of what could be discerned from the Chang'e 4 landing photos.

It is so very true that self-appointed math geniuses usually don't pass First Grade math.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-25 08:55:11 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2019-1-24 18:33
"Constantly blaming others about IP 'theft' when all these deals were market-to-tech swaps entered v ...

That is precisely the point.

Thief yelling "Catch thief" is unbecoming the behavior of even a fading superpower.  It just reveals the inner-core insecurity and fear of the unknown -- the New Native Americans who have been living on the other side of the Pacific Ocean for many thousands of years, only relatively late in becoming aware of the connection between their history and that of their sisters and brothers on the American continent.

They don't have any inkling as to what to do with the new kid on the block.

So their president decided to just go in and grab one on transit to a third country.

Quite some 'civilization' they have here, I must say.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.