Author: appleeater

MOFA: China “closely following” detention of Huawei employee in Poland [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-1-17 11:36:57 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2019-1-16 13:35
Oh my, how can you be so dense? You wrote it yourself:'

That's a layman's opinion, may not happen though, but I am entitled to express it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-17 11:39:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2019-1-17 11:49
emanreus Post time: 2019-1-16 17:42
She is not a drug smuggler

Just a thought; I know they are not the same, she is an innocent resident of Canada, he is a drug smuggler in China, caught with a huge haul of 224 kg of meth, where the law mandates heavy penalties for anyone caught with more than 10 gm!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-17 11:53:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2019-1-17 11:59
cmknight Post time: 2019-1-17 10:12
Robert Schellenberg: What we know about his case so far

I am not referring to these two Chinese; I said in general, drug trafickers in China are senetnced to death.  Mark my words, I said ,  these two Chinese accomplices could have different degrees of culpability, they were not caught with 224 Kg of meth when the law says 10gm deserves severe punishment!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-17 11:57:01 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-1-17 10:32
Answer these questions, please ...

1) Schellenburg was first arrested in 2014. His first trial f ...

You have asked the wrong person, I am not a lawyer, nor do I , nor you, have the detailed information on the case.  Up to you to speculate!  With Canadian embassy staff on close watch over the case, and the trial opened to foreign reporters, the trial is as open as can be!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-17 12:39:27 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-1-17 11:31
He has a long history of drug trafficking, had been sentenced in Canada, and the judge warned him  ...

Question #1 not answered. Shall I repeat it for you?
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-17 12:43:41 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-1-17 11:34
Your politicians ALREADY did do the bidding of your nextdoor neighbor to arrest a Chinese citizen w ...

Sorry, you have your facts wrong. Meng was arrested in accordance with a BI-LATERAL Extradition Treaty that Canada has with the United States. She does not have to break any laws in Canada for to be arrested in accordance with this treaty.

Trump did not say that he could use her as a bargaining chip. He said he MAY do something (to free her) IF it helps him to get a trade deal with China. Not that he could, or would.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-17 12:48:57 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-1-17 11:34
Your politicians ALREADY did do the bidding of your nextdoor neighbor to arrest a Chinese citizen w ...
Your politicians ALREADY did do the bidding of your nextdoor neighbor to arrest a Chinese citizen who has never commited any offence in Canada

That was not a political choice, but a requirement dictated by treaty that Canada has with USA. That treaty does not require the suspect to commit a crime in Canada, and Canada's police and independent judicial system is required by law to act on that treaty no matter what elected politicians think.

Political interference would have been for Canada to ignore that treaty to keep relations with China good. But there was no such interference.

Unlike in China, where the original sentence to the alleged drug smuggler was reduced by political considerations, to keep relations with Canada good.

Your opinions sound like from someone who came to China from a third world country. People in such countries often have bigger problems than understanding legal systems, and even China would be a move forward.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.