Author: reedak

What has gone wrong with American democracy?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-1-10 21:34:11 |Display all floors
petera Post time: 2019-1-9 17:06
Stalking Posts

9 stalking posts today. You are a very rudimentary organism, something like a sea  ...

Oh no, you hurt my feelings..
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-10 21:34:36 |Display all floors
petera Post time: 2019-1-9 17:08
Semites

Most of the Hooked Nosed are of Turkic Khazar stock and not Semitic like the Palestinians ...

Once again you are off your rocker.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-10 23:21:26 |Display all floors
reedak Post time: 2019-1-10 12:42
Well said.  Please tell us how the "divorce" can be done -- split between east and west, or north  ...

I believe miss JFenix suggests emigration out of the country as means of that divorce.

Whatever problems you are trying to fix, would only get worse by splitting the country. They are not about geography, but people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-8 07:30:15 |Display all floors
What's wrong? 1. Ignorant voters. 2. Too much money influence in elections. 3. Undemocratic Electoral College. 4. Ignorant voters.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-8 13:38:08 |Display all floors
Democracy only works when the citizens are well educated and make serious efforts to understand reality.

Unfortunately, Americans are almost always poorly educated and make no effort to understand any of the dozens of complex issues facing Americans. The result is Americans are easily swayed by any of the dozens of groups pushing their own agenda and presenting highly biased views of the issues.

Non stop wars and economic inequality is the result.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-8 14:21:58 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2019-3-8 07:30
What's wrong? 1. Ignorant voters. 2. Too much money influence in elections. 3. Undemocratic Electora ...

RE: What has gone wrong with American democracy?

First of all, structural racism...
A white police officer in Colorado has been placed on leave while the authorities investigate why he detained a black man holding a trash clamp in front of the man’s home...

The police said one of their officers, whom they have not identified, “observed a man sitting in a partially enclosed patio area directly behind a ‘Private Property’ sign and initiated contact with the man to determine if he was allowed to be on the property.”

read more:   https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/ ... tain-black-man.html

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-27 03:39:21 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-1-6 12:20
Don't do that, my dear. Just get your poop together and impeach the misogynistic megalomaniac. Unf ...

Justin Trudeau has become somewhat of a disappointment with his recent careless mistakes in the handling of the SNC-Lavalin controversy. That was a simple disagreement among cabinet members that he amplified by criticizing the stubborn Attorney-General Wilson-Raybould. He shows a certain impulsivity of youth and too much egotism. Nevertheless, his policies are generally moderate and progressive; and I'll continue to vote Liberal to avoid another rightist Conservative government that will rob the poor to feed the rich.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.