Views: 11245|Replies: 27

Why are Chinese airlines so often delayed?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-11-23 11:51:35 |Display all floors
Flying Shanghai to Xiamen with Spring and it is delayed... again.
Asked at the service counter the estimated departure, told me 'no time', but sometime 'jian tian'.

Seriously every other inland flight is delayed in China!?!
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-23 15:29:40 |Display all floors
China’s airports if not the worst should be one of the most in the world when it comes to punctuality. You have to figure out why a flight’s been cancelled or delayed, and it is always frustrating to deal with the flight company.  Anyone travelling in China is advised to use high speed rail and not air flights.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-23 18:34:19 |Display all floors
I was going to give you the same piece of advice but eloquent Cecilia beats me to it.

Yes, take the High Speed Train -- it is punctual and really fast.

The airlines' lack of punctuality is supposed to give a boost to the High Speed Train when the latter was first launched -- but the newcomer is now in the driver's seat when it comes to short- to medium-distance traveling.

Don't take an airplane if you can because of the safety factor -- if a plane has an accident you die, while if the HST has an accident you still have a chance to live.

You ask a good question, and the answer must have been unexpected.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2018-11-23 18:36:10 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2018-11-23 15:29
China’s airports if not the worst should be one of the most in the world when it comes to punctuali ...
  1. China’s airports if not the worst should be one of the most in the world when it comes to punctuality.
Copy code
And don't you know the reasons ?
Multiple reasons cause these lags. Would you like to discuss them ?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2018-11-23 19:01:12 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2018-11-23 18:36
And don't you know the reasons ?
Multiple reasons cause these lags. Would you like to discuss th ...

According to Sohu.com there are 26 reasons in total to explain the delays but five in particular are main culprits.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-23 19:26:11 |Display all floors
Okay okay, lovely smiling baby.  

I heard you. I hear you and will be hearing you in my dreams.

So give us your best shot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-23 20:08:08 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-23 18:34
I was going to give you the same piece of advice but eloquent Cecilia beats me to it.

Yes, take the ...

Flying back Xiamen Shanghai , DEALYED AGAIN!
Changed boarding gate as well, I  Don,T mind That too much, but the repeated delays really screw up my scheduling.
高鉄 takes 7 hours.
Add delay to  a 2 hours flight and You end up about the Same, and much cheaper. The return flight costed me ¥2800 return
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.