Author: ceciliazhang

Depraved Chinese women are bringing the country down, says education billionaire    Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-11-23 10:15:00 |Display all floors
“Chinese women pick men based on their ability to make money and they don’t care if they are good people. Chinese women’s depravity has led to the fall of the country,” Yu told an education summit in Shanghai on Sunday." (Michael Yu)

Was this the matchstick that started the firestorm?

It has three parts:

1. "Chinese women pick men based on their ability to make money".

2. "They don’t care if they are good people."

3. "Chinese women’s depravity has led to the fall of the country".

(a) Unless he has enough representative data to prove statement (1), it is just a generalization.

(b) On statement (2), how would he know women don't care if their mates are good or bad people?

(c) Since statements (1) and (2) are inconclusive, how did he conclude statement (3) as a consequence of statements (1) and (2) ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-23 11:22:34 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-23 03:26
Nope, who's even remotely thinking about "envy"?  

You sound like a guy who has many psychiatric  ...

You have missed the whole point and purpose of Forum, which is a platform for dsicussion, not neccessarily agreement!  I read your post, sometimes I agree with them, often I don'yt, so don't get personal, and stop casting insults, that does not make your points more acceptable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-23 11:25:43 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-11-23 05:37
I have never heard a single person say that Ivanka is Trumps wife. It would have to be an extremel ...

Agree with you, only the very poorly informed think so!  I never confuse Ivanka with Melania!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-23 11:27:13 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-11-23 05:38
And I will $%$% all of your 40-44 year old Chinese women if nobody wants them. Line them up.

He is entitled to his opinion, we don't have to agree with him!  If indeed what he said is true, there won't be millions of Chinese ledftover women!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-23 11:54:26 |Display all floors

Full of fury, but lacking in substance, that's typical of your replies!  But that's fine, that's what Forum is all about; you have your say, and I have mine!

"You are marrying the evolutionary product of a civilization-state that has continuously existed for at least five thousand years, and as China gets ever more prosperous and traditional ways of thinking change, a Chinese national will be the most sought-after marriageable prospect on earth."
You are very eloquent in your presentation, twisting facts to suit your point of view!  You claim above is just yiur personal opinion, no more, and besides you are prone to making wild assumptions, for instance, that just because China has 5000 y.o. civilisation, therefore Chinese women would make great wives.  I must beg to disagree, and don't wish to waste time with such assumptions.  I prefer posts based on practical observations, not theories based on personal biases.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-23 12:01:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-11-23 12:21

"But since you are such a grouchy laowai man spending so much time here complaining about married laowai men -- making the groundless claim that they are all losers who can't find mates in their own countries --  I can only say that you are actually quite pitiable in your lonely circumstances."

You have descended into the cesspit, engaging in personal attacks; exactly the same reasons why seneca was banned!  You can make your comments without having to attack any poster just because you disagree with him.  What has 'grouchy laowai' got to do with the discussion here?  That is your opinion of me, based on comments you don't like only.  I will not b dragged along your downward path!  If you want to be a respected poster, stick to the topic and steer clear of personal attacks.  Only losers engage in personal attacks because they feel that their comments would carry more weight with readers if they predicate them with personal attacks on their opponents.  The opposite is true, readers are not fools, they would discount your comments if they see personal attacks in them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-23 12:08:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-11-23 12:08
markwu Post time: 2018-11-23 10:15
“Chinese women pick men based on their ability to make money and they don’t care if they are good  ...

"2. "They don’t care if they are good people."

Go read Post # 4; that should enlighten you!  And those are based on observations, not pure conjectures!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.