Author: ceciliazhang

Depraved Chinese women are bringing the country down, says education billionaire    Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-11-22 13:51:08 |Display all floors
I take back my salute to Michael Yu; he has no guts after all, he went on TV to aoplogise profusely for making his comment about depraved women, when in fact he has done no wrong, just because women netizens opposed his views!  He is afraid women would boycott him!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-22 18:02:00 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-11-21 16:56
But most left over women are university educated and economically independent right? But they stil ...

I replied about this to pnp, but it seems to have gotten lost in filter.

Actually it is the other way around. Chinese men are afraid of women who are higher educated or more financially independent than themselves. Such women often make ineligible wifes for most Chinese men.

Chinese society does not only make woman's yuan worth less than a man's, but pushes women who take the effort to make their yuan a bit more, out of the marriage market.

Chinese men (as well as their families) expect to take care of the wifes. How could a Chinese mother-in-law complain to her daughter-in-law, if that daughter put up equal financing to the family as the husband?

For many foreigners, like you, that's not such a big deal, so we don't observe it that way. We'd be happy marrying a rich woman, and our parents wouldn't mind either.

Also consider that this world is male-dominated.

In this world, if a rich man sees a poor woman, she is an opportunity to him.

In this world, if a rich woman sees a poor man, he is a loser to her.

That's all because this world is dominated by men. That needs to change, and everything else will change on its own.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-22 19:44:00 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2018-11-22 18:02
I replied about this to pnp, but it seems to have gotten lost in filter.

Actually it is the other ...
Chinese society does not only make woman's yuan worth less than a man's, but pushes women who take the effort to make their yuan a bit more, out of the marriage market.

Groundless speculation.

For many foreigners, like you, that's not such a big deal, so we don't observe it that way. We'd be happy marrying a rich woman, and our parents wouldn't mind either.

We all know you would be happy marring a rich women.

Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-22 20:46:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by knowing101 at 2018-11-24 14:12

Some women do need to think twice on their 'special' values on managing relationship in society.  Be mindful of own status & the other man's situations, for the sake of their own genuine happiness & the other family's as well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-22 23:31:22 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2018-11-22 19:44
Groundless speculation.
" but pushes women who take the effort to make their yuan a bit more, out of the marriage market " [...]
Groundless speculation.

We all know you would be happy marring a rich women.

Well who wouldn't be? Let me tell you - an average Chinese man wouldn't.

That comment of yours already confirms my "speculation", so thank you very much.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-23 03:26:17 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-11-22 12:50
Don't envy those "Foreigners in China" at CGTN shows; they are losers who couldn't find wives back  ...

Nope, who's even remotely thinking about "envy"?  

You sound like a guy who has many psychiatric problems like concrete thinking, reaction formation and projection.

I had alluded to the "concrete thinking" aspect when I sensed an incapacity to understand humor on your part, and this projection of your own feelings onto others isn't really the best approach in life.

To marry a Chinese man or woman is the best thing that can ever happen to a laowai.  You are marrying the evolutionary product of a civilization-state that has continuously existed for at least five thousand years, and as China gets ever more prosperous and traditional ways of thinking change, a Chinese national will be the most sought-after marriageable prospect on earth.

But the Chinese girls and their mothers are very proud to show off their prize catch of foreign sons-in-law to fellow villagers, and make them prance and dance for village entertainment!

While you are entitled to your opinion, I must tell you that you are absolutely mistaken about this "very proud to show off" allegation of yours.  These laowais hail from all corners of the world -- blacks, Indians, whites -- and they consist of both men and women.  

Usually they are getting married because they fall in love while studying or engaging in business here, just like some Chinese workers are marrying locals in other countries after they have worked there for several years.

The only difference is that traditionally Chinese parents have more respect for the institution of marriage itself, thinking of it as a milestone in their child's life and an opportunity to enlarge the family's social circle of influence.  They usually have only a faint idea of where Ukraine or Nigeria is, but they welcome their sons-in-law and daughters-in-law with open and genuine feelings.  

That's why one of the seven tribes of Israel disappeared in China after they arrived in the capital city of Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127 A.D.) -- the only tribe that was absorbed into the local culture anywhere in the world -- and the main reason is that they weren't discriminated against in China, and so intermarried with Han Chinese in enough numbers that they have become part of the Chinese people.

Do you think they would have intermarried with the Hans if they felt discriminated by the locals in any way?  

That is the greatness of the Chinese civilization.

You yourself seem to be resisting to be absorbed into the Chinese nation -- demanding this and that in the arguments here in these forums as if you own this place -- but obviously you have still chosen to live in China despite your verbal protests against this and that custom or practice, and by your own admission have learned a splatter of Chinese to get by.  

If you are a laowai woman, I can come to you and within one week I can convince you how absolutely irresistible a Chinese man is, and you would have no more cause for complaint.

But since you are such a grouchy laowai man spending so much time here complaining about married laowai men -- making the groundless claim that they are all losers who can't find mates in their own countries --  I can only say that you are actually quite pitiable in your lonely circumstances.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-23 03:30:28 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2018-11-22 19:44
Groundless speculation.

Agreed.

It was a groundless speculation.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.