Author: Grace222

Career choices lead Chinese women to freeze eggs [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-11-27 12:17:43 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-26 17:11
Oh thank you.

And so nice to make your acquaintance.

Many Chinese females went to foreign land to freeze their ova.
Some have chosen the top best male sperm to fertilize their ova.
Majority does not bring their offsprings home to China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-27 14:05:15 |Display all floors
it's said keeping eggs is expensive, otherwise I would ask my wife to do it just in case.

and my suggestion to young couples is that get babies as early as you can while your parents are not too old to share the work of taking care of them. if you can't find time to have babies when you are young, most likely you will find less time when you get older.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-27 16:45:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-11-29 23:34
GhostBuster Post time: 2018-11-27 12:17
Many Chinese females went to foreign land to freeze their ova.
Some have chosen the top best male  ...

You are right on this.

Most of them do it out of ignorance.

You see, it is almost impossible to choose the 'best sperm' because under the microscope, those little swimmers all look the same.

DNA testing doesn't give us all the information we need and it is still possible to give birth to genetically-deficient babies even though morphological appearance of the sperm donor might look just fine.  

I can tell you right off the bet that teratogens and DNA mutations are plausible dangers.

The Chinese government has adopted a relatively new policy whereby the parents of a newborn child do not have the right to determine the newborn's nationality.

The child will have the right to determine his/her nationality when he/she arrives at the age of 18.

The newborn's passport when the mother returns home will not mean anything as far as the nationality of the child is concerned.

The idea is that a newborn today will be so proud of China when he/she reaches 18 that most likely he/she will choose to have Chinese nationality no matter where the birth took place.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-27 16:50:46 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-27 16:45
You are right on this.

Most of them do it out of ignorance.

Thank you for raising the TRUTH!
Major will have Chinese morphological features!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-27 17:07:26 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-11-22 11:53
If frozen eggs are good enough to produce babies, China's young girls who give birth at 18, 19, 20 ...

I think you've raised a very important point here.

Women are by and large disadvantaged and insufficiently- appreciated in our societies both east and west.

And their productive years are curtailed due to their responsibilities at home, and so most university-educated women have to choose between a rock and a hard place and there is not much wiggling room.

People just don't understand how difficult it is to raise a child, and even fewer appreciate the fact that women actually represent the stronger sex -- a fact evidenced by their longevity relative to that of men and biological fitness for space travel.

Both parents love their child dearly but most of our contemporary novels and movies only talk about motherly love and kids usually remember only "Mother's Day" and not as many care about "Father's Day."

So some women have chosen not to have kids, but I always tell them when they ask me for advice that from a medical point of view, they should bear children for both psychological and physiological reasons, not to mention the fact that it strengthens the marriage bond between husband and wife.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-27 17:30:27 |Display all floors
Oocyte cryo-preservation is going to be the in-thing to do in the future when sufficient data have become available in China to support the contention of the long-term efficacy of the methodology.  

It does seem to be safe at this time, but since physical handling of the gametocyte is involved, there is always the element of risk involved.

AI will play an important role in oocyte cryo-preservation in the coming years and I am talking to a top doctor in China about the feasibility of conducting more studies before expanding the availability of the procedure -- just think of the financial resources you can save without having to travel overseas to do it.

I have full confidence that Chinese OB-GYN physicians will be providing such services on a wider scale in the foreseeable future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-27 17:45:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-11-27 18:44
vlwow Post time: 2018-11-27 14:05
it's said keeping eggs is expensive, otherwise I would ask my wife to do it just in case.

and my s ...

You are absolutely right on your comment, viwow.

Do it before she is 40 -- after that age, the genetic risk of Down's Syndrome or Trisomy 21 is one in a thousand.

I believe the cost is around $50,000 a shot - not prohibitive but a good sum of money to most families none the less.

Actually China is in a very good position to catch up in this technology.  

The advantage of China's system is that once all the feasibility studies are made, and if the political will is there, it can do anything better than most countries in the world.

Oocyte cryopreservation is one of those technologies that the Chinese will feel particularly useful in view of its potential application not just today, but also in interplanetary space travel that the Chinese nation will be assuredly and heavily involved.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.