Author: ceciliazhang

China investigates hygiene scandals in five-star hotels   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-11-18 20:03:03 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-11-18 15:53
Ignorance is bliss!  You were not told about how they used dirty towels to wipe drinking glasses e ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-19 06:19:24 |Display all floors
This is really much ado about nothing -- anxiety neurosis bred in a nation that is drenched in too much money in the big cities.

I know of an apartment in Shanghai right next to the U.S. consulate, which is rented at 23,000 RMB a month right at this moment, and it is just an ordinary apartment now becoming very expensive because of its location.

it used to be complaints against the paucity of decent hotels, now the complaints are about dirty cups cleaned by unscrupulous employees.  

Why not just use glass cups with a sealed plastic wrap like they do in many Chinese restaurants and 2-star hotels in China?

The conclusion is that if you want a dirty cup go to a 5-star U.S. hotel chain in China, but if you are smart and want a clean cup, go to a 2-star Chinese-owned hotel using hermetically-sealed plastic-wrapped glasses.

It's that simple, so what is the fuss all about?

After each use at the 5-star hotel, don't ever forget to leave your mark by wiping off your pee in the cup with your dirty socks.

Satisfied?

Roger that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-19 09:58:56 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-11-18 17:39
i saw enough during my year living there, but i can sympathize with the management.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-19 11:25:51 |Display all floors
i am always travel around and stay in the hotel and seldom stay in the fancy 5 star hotel only if the foreign colleague come to china.  i assume the lower class hotel even facing the serious issue compared this world famous chain luxury hotel. the competent party should re-launch the rules regading the violation of the hygiene protocl and those violator should be heavily punnished like what we had done for the vaccnie maker to create the better atmosphere and give the confidence to the public.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-19 11:40:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-11-19 11:41

Interesting new development announced today; one of the hotels involved has started using cameras to keep watch on its cleaners at work.  Each cleaner takes a portable camera with a stand, places it on the table facing her as she goes about cleaning the room, toilet and glasses.  When she moves from toilet to room, she takes the camera to the room and places it where it can capture her room work.
It sends live pictures straight to the manager monitoring her!  This should be adopted by all hotels in China!  This, in my opinion, is just a stop gap measure, in the long run, proper training, and severe punishment must be meted out to negligent cleaners, as deterrent against offending.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-19 11:44:39 |Display all floors
wondershutter Post time: 2018-11-19 11:25
i am always travel around and stay in the hotel and seldom stay in the fancy 5 star hotel only if th ...

To be absolutely safe, bring you own towels, drinking glasses, bedsheets etc etc!!  Don't trust the hotels, neither the 5 Star ones nor the no star ones!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-19 13:17:01 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-11-19 13:18
pnp Post time: 2018-11-19 11:40
Interesting new development announced today; one of the hotels involved has started using cameras to ...

Having traveled to all corners of China and 48 states of the U.S., and driven across America from one end to the other (like New York to San Diego is counted as one trip) 21 times, and also traveled to 58 countries or political entities (like Monaco is not a country), I can tell you that you don't have to worry about anything when you live in any of the hotels, and not even the 5-star ones.

I have yet to find one single instance in both countries that makes me doubt the quality of service in any of the starred or non-starred hotels.

Going to the extreme of buying self-monitoring police equipment to watch over employees cleaning your room is unnecessary except for those whose reputation is already on the line due to recent hidden-camera exposures.

Maybe I am just being lucky, but I seriously doubt that we need to go to this extreme to 'self-monitor' what each employee does in cleaning up individual rooms.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.