Author: ceciliazhang

China investigates hygiene scandals in five-star hotels   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-11-18 10:44:32 |Display all floors
zxy1971cn Post time: 2018-11-17 16:26
it is same shit of cleaning practice in all hotels no matter how many stars they have, because in th ...

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-18 11:05:17 |Display all floors
This scandal has gone international; CGTN picked up the story and broadcast it direct from its Washington DC station to its international audience.  China's image as a travel destination is badly tarnished by these irreponsible 5 Star hotels and the supervising officials who are caught napping again!  Severe punishment is warranted!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-18 11:14:48 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2018-11-16 20:14
They should be closed for a period of one month to teach management a lesson. So that they have to ...

"5* hotels are cheap in China compared to the Western World so it's every visitors first choice to stay in them, but if this is what is going on in 5* hotels as you say what would a 3* or 2* be like."

In the China context, 5 Star hotels are not cheap; comparing their rates to Western ones misses the point. The average Chinese travellers stay in lesser star hotels or those with no star and the local Inns, where hygiene is probably worse!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-11-18 14:53:29 |Display all floors
i once lived in a 5 star countryside hotel in china for,1 year....they brought in an expert from The city after The hotel had many cpmplaints. This hotel offered Brilliant fresh air, outdoor activities such as tennis, rock climbing, outdoor And indoor swimming, And snooker tables and ktv...
it was always fully booked all year, but the service was appalling. Anyways this guy spoke to me when i was eating dinner, And said he has been here a month, but he cannot change these people from The countryside. He left, And even today complaints are normal. Parch didnt mind though when he lived there, but he is a gentleman
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-18 15:53:42 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-11-18 14:53
i once lived in a 5 star countryside hotel in china for,1 year....they brought in an expert from The ...

Ignorance is bliss!  You were not told about how they used dirty towels to wipe drinking glasses etc. as exposed here!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-11-18 17:39:55 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-11-18 15:53
Ignorance is bliss!  You were not told about how they used dirty towels to wipe drinking glasses e ...

i saw enough during my year living there, but i can sympathize with the management.....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-18 18:18:33 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-11-18 11:05
This scandal has gone international; CGTN picked up the story and broadcast it direct from its Washi ...

Yup, and they are usually Western hotel chains like the Marriot.

I do believe this is pretty prevalent around the world since no one has been interested enough to plant a hidden camera as they did in this case.

And I think the only ones deterred from visiting these 5-star hotels are the naive ones.

Only use cups with sealed plastic wraps, which is now quite common in all hotels in China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.