Author: ceciliazhang

Policeman detains teacher for punishing his daughter [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-10-22 13:22:46 |Display all floors
Primary school children is normally accompanied by one of the parents or grandparents, the police officer must detain his own family member who was responsible for the child been late.
Human lives mean little when those in the WEST see a bigger gain through war

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-22 13:53:32 |Display all floors
Demoted?

A policeman like this should be receiving a dishonorable discharge from the authorities, and a demerit placed on his credit report.

The guy should be put in the same cell and cut off from water and food for a week.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-24 18:37:48 |Display all floors
This is clearly abuse of power.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-26 04:11:12 |Display all floors
Again though, we must not listen to just one side of the story.

Maybe the young teacher did shove the girl roughly towards the outside of the classroom in front of the whole class, thus causing psychological harm to the child, but didn't really 'slap' the girl on the face as was alleged to be the case by the mom.

The girl was a victim too because she was sent to school by her parents and her lateness was not the same situation as the lateness of a high school or college student -- it wasn't her fault and the girl's parents should have been contacted by the teacher and forewarned that no more lateness is allowable.

It was a case of "losing face" by a dad who thought he was the target of the shaming episode -- that his daughter's being told to stand outside the classroom was tantamount to his being shamed in front of the public.

This is not to say that the policeman didn't deserve the punishment, but on second thoughts after a lifetime of experience I know there are always two sides to a story and nothing comes from nothing.  

The 27-year-old teacher could have been a hot-tempered girl who knew neither who nor how to punish young students for being late.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-26 14:22:59 |Display all floors
allnightlong Post time: 2018-10-21 17:30
Teach your children don't be later for school

Teach your children not to be late for class.
(Your original sentence took me minutes for comprehension!)
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-26 14:40:18 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-10-26 04:11
Again though, we must not listen to just one side of the story.

Maybe the young teacher did shove t ...

You are thoughtful and I wish that police office had half of your brain to analyze the case in reasonable way! -----------He had made a world-class joke on law! Even his kid had illegally been hurt by the teacher he had no right to punish the ‘criminal’ in behalf of the court! )
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-26 15:42:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-10-26 16:01
You are thoughtful and I wish that police office had half of your brain to analyze the case in reasonable way! -----------He had made...

Thank you for your comment.

Frankly as you can see from my previous post I was as adamant as everyone else in condemning the action of the vice-chief at the police station.  It was a case of abuse of power to put someone in jail for 7 hours without food or water, and he should be dismissed from his post as the government has done, and maybe even put in jail for seven days.

However, a lifetime of experience tells me that there is almost always another side of the story which is missed in any news report.

That the 27 year-old teacher made an apology suggested that she did use physical force against the little girl -- maybe shoving or pushing her towards the door and keeping her outside.  The mom said the girl told her there was physical force used and that's why she called her husband at the police station, not because her daughter was simply told to stand outside the classroom.

Today's China is a meritocracy and the policeman couldn't have achieved his position as a vice-chief had he been treating multitudes of cases in such a manner -- he would have been dismissed instead of being promoted.  

He must have been angered by what the little girl told the mom about what the teacher had done to her and it was unlikely to be a simple statement like "the teacher told me to stand outside the classroom because I was late."  

We aren't told about the whole story by the teacher because she claimed that she didn't slap the girl, but did she mete out unwarranted physical punishment against the small child who wasn't responsible for her being late in the first place?

What the teacher wrote in the social media was too one-sided to be true -- "worked hard, had never done anything wrong; didn't slap the girl; pulled into the police station not knowing what had happened; 7 hours of jail time without food or drink; tearful since being released, etc., etc."  

All this self-innocence talk raised a red flag in my mind: could this 27 year-old teacher be a hot-tempered woman who had been pushing or shoving little boys and girls towards the outside of the classroom as a usual practice?  Had the other kids' parents known about her style of indiscriminate punishment but were too afraid to react?

Had she ever tried to contact the parents of these kids to hold them responsible for the lateness?  Why was the little girl in such a state of emotional trauma that the mom thought she had been slapped in the face?

So the teacher's tearful description of the case, which went viral in the social media, aroused in nearly all of us a sense of indignation that totally eclipsed the more inquisitive or rational part of our brain.

It just doesn't make any sense that the vice-chief of a police station could be so immeasurably foolish in dealing with a situation that sounded as simple as one plus one equals two. Something must have happened to the little girl that the teacher is not saying.  

I know this is the age of social-media justice, but I am not totally buying the story.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.