Views: 1371|Replies: 2

What is 'home' in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-10-18 22:25:04 |Display all floors
In Chinese home is showed as .  How could this picture represent your comfortable house?The top of 家 really looks like the roof of house; While its lower part is 豕(shi)that looks like a four-leg animal if you observe it from the left side: A wild pig! You can see its head, legs, tail and what on the back is a wing-like thing that reminds me its thick needle-like hairs!
Why do you keep a pig at home? What's the relationship between home and pig? That has puzzled me for a long time!
Now I think ancient Chinese scholars  used ‘pig’ to represent ‘human’! When I am at home, I feel so free that I do act as a greedy pig who enjoy food and sleeping as much as possible!

All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-18 22:27:58 |Display all floors
The article has got approval with any audition!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-19 08:47:54 |Display all floors
According to some saying from the Internet, 家 was the early temple where under the ‘roof’ there was one baked ‘pig’ as sacrifice to the dead ancestors! -------------That was unique important public ‘building’ where a group of people gather together for meeting or worshiping while normally they lived in some cave in the mountain.
Now 家 is used to symbol the warm place where your family live!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.