Author: zaq

Stereotypes of Chinese media cause real damage [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-10-16 15:00:25 |Display all floors
u know these western shils are trying to tell me that western media has a choice as to which oligark they can choose from for their financial backing, but if that was the case, then why do their stories almost always come out the same, whether it's from ny times, washington post, or time magazine. i often times read stories coming out of the western media, and it seems like no matter which media source you choose, the story comes out the same. there are no difference in their opinions of views. does that mean that all western oligarks think with the same brain?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-16 15:11:06 |Display all floors
western media was never about making money but about brain washing you. thats why the vast majority of news outlets are free to access. nobody is going to pay to have a psyop pulled on them. i know i certainly am not going to pay der spiegel any money to have them pull a fast one on me. id argue the vast majority of westerners dont want to read the news even if YOU pay them. the western media as we know it today does not relate to your average joe. the western media has an agenda, and that agenda is often not a priority for your average westerner. now the western media wants to say stuff like "asad is killing his own people". how exactly does that relate to an ordinary westerner? it doesnt. how does it relate to inperialists? well asad is iran's ally. the us wants to subvert iran. that makes sense.  now here's where it gets interesting. amerikan cops are killing their own people. are we going to feature them in the news? probably not unless the media is making excuses for these amerikan cops killing their own people. how bout the western pharmaceuticals who are "killing their own people". whens the media going to stop covering up for them?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-16 15:14:21 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-10-16 14:38
"In my opinion, there is no need to hire presenters who only speak English with American accent."

It is not because I am against American accent. I just don't think there is a need to strictly only hire people with such accent. They have to be fluent though. I know there some presenters speaking like they have marbles in their mouths.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-17 11:01:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-10-21 11:07
huaqiao Post time: 2018-10-16 15:14
It is not because I am against American accent. I just don't think there is a need to strictly onl ...

"I know there some presenters speaking like they have marbles in their mouths."

I much prefer the American presenters, they speak clear, fluent English, unlike many of their Chinese counterparts.  There is one in particular that sounds so fake, trying so hard to imitate American accent, but falling flat, very irritating to listen to him; his name is Zheng Junfeng, anchor for Global Business at 9 pm!  The other Chinese anchors are Ok because they don't try to fake a foreign accent!  The other Global Biz anchor, Michael Wong is fine, his foreign accent sounds fluent and natural, probably because he grew up in the West!   Zheng is 100%  local Chinese with a fake American accent!  CGTN should have him replaced by someone who speaks fluent English minus the fake foreign accent!  
Sorry, I disagree with your demand for CGTN to have all local presenters; the American ones do a better job, they are very well versed and know their stuff, so they should be retained, otherwise the messages the station try to convey would be lost through the mangled English pronunciation, fake foreign accent and poor current affairs knowledge, of the local presenters!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-19 17:18:28 |Display all floors
speaking of transparency, i just read an article from rt, of all places, that apple, and amazon is accusing china of spying on them. needless to say, the western media provided no transparency with their claims at all. in fact, none of the accusations against china for allegedly spying has ever been transparent. no evidence, no nothing. and speaking of transparency, you remember when the us allegedly killed bin laden? where as the transparency there? you supposedly killed the world biggest "terorist", and there was no video, pictures, or anything. the body gets secretly dumped in the ocean. that sounds to me like the exact opposite of transparency.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-5 11:49:39 |Display all floors
speaking of transparency, you remember when david dao was dragged off the plane in chicago by agresive cops? witnesses heard him say something very interesting. "are you dragging me off because im chinese"? guess what the transparent media did after that? they never mentioned that he was chinese. they all reported that he was vietnamese. they reported other details about him, like when he went to america, how he "served" in the vietnamese military, even what school he went to, but they purposely left out one important detail, his ethnicity. now you would think that with a real independent media, someone would have touched on that, but they didn't........ i wonder why? if the western media was so transparent, why cover up information? if they were so independent, why do they all know what information to include, and what to EXCLUDE? being the "independent transparent" media that they are, why have we never heard from dao again?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.