Views: 52766|Replies: 30

Beijing to include illegal smoking into the citizen's credit record [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-10-12 16:33:25 |Display all floors
5bc00881a310eff36900a45c.jpeg

Non-smoking banners are displayed on the iconic Bird's Nest National Stadium in Beijing,June 1, 2015. [Photo/Xinhua]

Health authorities in Beijing will include illegal smoking behavior into citizens' credit record as part of the city's smoke-free Beijing campaign, reports the Beijing Youth Daily.

In addition to publicly naming and shaming offenders, the Beijing Municipal Commission of Health and Family Planning will also share their record with the city's industry and commerce authorities, according to the report. Citizens in Beijing with a bad credit record may face difficulties in applying for commercial loans.

Beijing rolled out a blanket smoking ban on June 1, 2015 covering all indoor public places, workplaces and public transportation, the strictest of its kind in China.

A total of 2,265 cases of smoking in the prohibited public places were reported to the public WeChat account of Smoke-free Beijing between August and September this year, according to a report by the Beijing Tobacco Control Association.

The association also found an increasing number of complaints over the use of electronic cigarettes in public places.

In response, the Beijing Municipal Commission of Health and Family Planning has said that more studies will be carried out about the harm of smoking electronic cigarettes to provide a scientific basis to its control. ( China Plus)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-14 07:23:31 |Display all floors
Shame pays such a huge part in Chinese culture. Still a hangover from the dark decade of half a century ago. A country with a huge chip on its shoulder and citizens who can't bear any kind of criticism.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-14 12:17:06 |Display all floors
Thumbs up to Beijing!  All other cities should follow suit, otherwise non-smokers will forever be exposed to secondhand smoke from irresponsible smokers, and there are lots of them, especially in shopping mall toilets!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-14 12:37:19 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-10-14 12:17
Thumbs up to Beijing!  All other cities should follow suit, otherwise non-smokers will forever be ex ...

I used to go into the toilets of train stations and asked the smokers (invariably they would be there -- totally oblivious to the loudspeakers outside forbidding them to smoke) to please have some self-respect as Chinese citizens.

Because I was tall and strong, some of them thought I was a bianyi (off-duty policeman in street clothes) and ran off.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-14 12:49:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-10-14 12:53
wchao37 Post time: 2018-10-14 12:37
I used to go into the toilets of train stations and asked the smokers (invariably they would be th ...

I am not 'tall and strong', but I always tell smokers in the toilet to stub it out, pointing to the No Smoking sign on the wall, and without fail, they always comply!  But not those hiding in the cubicle; can't see them smoking but can smell the foul tobacco smell!
Btw, most smokers caught red-handed will stub it out because they know it is wrong; they just hope people around them would leave them alone and won't complain.  And their compatriots will never complain, preferring to inhale secondhand smoke than offend the smokers!  They grow up with what mama tells them, 'Buyao guan xian shi" ie. 'Mind your own business'.  What a shame!  If every non-smoker stands up against irresponsible smokers, smoking in public would soon be a thing of the past!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-14 13:16:23 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-10-14 12:37
I used to go into the toilets of train stations and asked the smokers (invariably they would be th ...

"totally oblivious to the loudspeakers outside forbidding them to smoke) to please have some self-respect as Chinese citizens."

They deliberately choose the toilet to smoke as that is the best refuge from security guards in the station or the mall who would stop them smoking!

'self respect as Chinese citizens'?  Don't count on that, they have no self respect when they keep breaking their nation's laws and regulations!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-14 13:26:20 |Display all floors
China's tobacco control authority should remind all that vaping, or smoking e-cigarettes in public is also forbidden.  Vaping is gaining popularity among the young in China and the West.  The US is treating vaping as with smoking cigarettes, as a health hazard. The FDA announced recently that e-cigarettes contain higher nicotene and other harmful elements than cigarettes, and  both are harmful to health.  There is a lot of misunderstanding in China that e-cigrette smoking is permiited in public; this must be corrected through greater publicity!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.