Author: robert237

No democracy in the USA   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-10-21 05:52:55 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2018-10-16 09:39
You know your elections are circuses, don't you?

Alan Greenspan once stated to the effect that ...

That's the impact of free and open media. China's government would never allow that to happen. Hence it's exactly why the Chinese government is taking ads out in the US Soy Farmer territory. Trying to sway public opinion. Saying how bad the tariffs are. However, the farmers are staying the course.

Again that's something that would never happen in China. Why? Because the government controls the media.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-22 17:00:27 |Display all floors
Boston101 Post time: 2018-10-21 05:52
That's the impact of free and open media. China's government would never allow that to happen. Hen ...

Because people like to watch circuses, doesn't mean everybody has to be part of it.
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-27 04:09:43 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2018-10-13 08:41
There is no true or pure democracy anywhere in the world. That is not all bad. It is the luck of the ...
There is no true or pure democracy anywhere in the world.

Democracy under the one percent in America is like ......................;

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-1 10:00:27 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-10-9 08:55
You're right. The USA is an oligarchy just like all other countries.
Who wouldn't believe for a se ...

I certainly credit you Marxists for understanding and focusing on the problem of capitalist plutocratic power! The liberal progressives conceded too much to the plutocrats and the proletariate has lost faith in liberal democracy. Liberals focused too much on global warming, sexual equality and the rights of minorities. On everything except subjecting the plutocrats to the power of the state. The time has come to investigate the crimes of the plutocrats and administer such heavy punishments that the workers will feel satisfied by their terror!
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-1 12:54:53 |Display all floors
The so-called democracy in the US is a mirage!  How can there be true democracy when the system is hijacked by powerful lobbyists and rich organisations and individuals?  Even the Presidency is not free of such money politics.  Trump shamelessly refused to initiate gun control measures despite numerous gun masacres, because he is beholden to the National Rifles Association (NRA) which supported him with donations running into millions of dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-9 13:05:57 |Display all floors
I find myself in total agreement with Robert's contention that the US Constitution is too anti-majority, too focused on the powers of the states, and strengthens the powers of local elites in those states while not meeting the needs of the majority of citizens. It is not compatible with modern realities. His Marxist ANALYSES of the class struggle are often very correct. I don't support SOME of his Marxist SOLUTIONS - but I do support OTHERS. I would add, though, some PRAISE for the US mass media - which has been fighting a pretty-good battle against Trump and the extreme right. And point-out that Americans speak-out freely against Trump and are not imprisoned for that.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-10 12:48:19 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-11-9 13:05
I find myself in total agreement with Robert's contention that the US Constitution is too anti-major ...

The Press in the US plays a very important role in checking and exposing the misdeeds of the current occupant of the White House, who is a documented liar, a racist, a women groper etc etc!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.