Author: wchao37

Aftermath of The Bretton Woods Agreement [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-9-28 04:19:22 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2018-9-28 03:32
BORING   There shall, in that time, be rumors of things going astray with your posts, and there shal ...

I knew it.  You can't write!

This autistic austin chap is the strangest creature I have ever seen.

His answer to the writing challenge was to serve me an English muffin dipped in Saul sauce made of Uranus oil.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-28 04:21:00 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2018-9-27 16:10
I saw that reply of yours.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-9-28 04:33:26 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-9-28 04:19
I knew it.  You can't write!

This autistic austin chap is the strangest creature I have ever seen ...

I wouldn't serve you JS.. but If I served you a muffin it would be undercooked and thrown from a great height

Now Foxtrot Oscar??? before i high light your in adequate english grammar on so many threads but I do not want to spend 6 months doing that.

You probably don't speak Spanish but

ordena tu actitud locomente.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-28 04:45:03 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2018-9-28 04:33
I wouldn't serve you JS.. but If I served you a muffin it would be undercooked and thrown from a g ...

You Spanish is as bad as your English.

It should have been ordena tu actitud lo comente

No one needs to order his attitude or comment on it except you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-28 04:46:58 |Display all floors
Have a bad day, and

ordena tu actitud lo comente.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-29 10:12:50 |Display all floors
1. I don't think the $ US will fall much in value. So the need to spend all those $ fast is not clear. 2. Despite bad policy consumer spending is quite robust in the US. 3. Your article doesn't deal with the role the increased price of oil played in the stagflation. 4. Trump will not likely be re-elected in 2020; so the trade disputes may soon be resolved. Unwise to take any major action now.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-29 11:11:07 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-9-29 10:12
1. I don't think the $ US will fall much in value. So the need to spend all those $ fast is not clea ...

You could be partially right in this though.  The shorter the duration of his presidency, the less harm he does to the American economy.

I went through all the available economic data since he took office and I can tell you the figures are confounding supporters and critics alike because they are very different from the data after the last isolationist protectionism of the 1930s.  The difference is that in the 1930s Jewish clout in Wall Street wasn't as pervasive as it is today, and this time even liberal Jews are on the scene doing their thing to help this guy.

For better part of a century after the Civil War, the Republican Party was overtly protectionist. Theodore Roosevelt, idolized by John McCain, wrote that "pernicious indulgence in the doctrine of free trade seems inevitably to produce fatty degeneration of the moral fiber."

And the very first major Republican free trader was President Dwight Eisenhower, formerly a military commander in WWII.

At first President Harry Truman tried to recruit him to run for the White House as a Democrat, but when Eisenhower actually began running for the 1952 Republican nomination, he found that Conservatives were supporting the presidential bid of Robert Taft, an unashamed opponent of free trade.

So protectionism is not linear or straightforward but had arisen in different periods of American history, mostly ending in failures.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.