Views: 5208|Replies: 3

Humor goes as running water [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-9-19 13:27:06 |Display all floors
Yesterday a few  my former junior middle school classmates and I attended someone's wedding ceremony during the banquet we teased and joked each other for pleasure! After dinner we see Mr. Bian out. When he started the engine, I suddenly noticed that the trade-mark of his vest was ‘playboy’!  I pointed to it and shout: "In America the word means ‘bodgie’ that is not fit for you!”
The driver smiled with a light reply: "Bodgie? No age problem!"  (流氓不分年龄!)
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-19 13:53:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2018-9-19 13:54

流氓不分年龄!
No age-limitation to become hooligan!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-16 09:33:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2019-1-16 09:35

When we observe the same old problem in a different way from before, mostly if in light method, that would become a good joke full of humor!
In Chinese old dictionary we had no 幽默(humor-phrase!  At that time our term 滑稽(hua-ji)meant similar to the English word ‘humor’. So 幽默 totally comes from ‘humor’ if judging from the pronouncation!   (滑稽 should means 'being slippery on reasoning‘).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-26 09:37:22 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2019-1-16 09:33
When we observe the same old problem in a different way from before, mostly if in light method, that ...

About '滑稽”: The first character means "slippery‘ while the second one goes like ‘logical’’!  So the phrase tells you something sounds ‘slippery on logical way!’ That is equal to ‘humor'.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.