Author: reedak

Trump's human rights violations   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-9-26 00:30:07 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2018-9-25 08:20
Of course I know that but what can you do about it?

Like what can I do about the result of the po ...

There's nothing I can do about Trump trying to install an ultra-right wing conservative in the Supreme Court.
If Kavanaugh is installed his primary agenda is to make abortion illegal in the USA.
The USA is regressing, not progressing and Trump is responsible.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-26 00:34:35 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-9-26 00:30
There's nothing I can do about Trump trying to install an ultra-right wing conservative in the Sup ...

Austin has a point here.  Its not all Trump's fault, but also his fan base that is cheering him along.  We can vote Trump out of office, but we can't vote out his fan base.   Americans have radicalized in this country.  There is no doubt about it.  I saw it happening way before the election with the response to black lives matter.  White nationalism is taking over.  Trump didn't start that, but he did exploit those feelings to get elected.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-26 00:38:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2018-9-25 08:43
JFenix Post time: 2018-9-25 08:34
Austin has a point here.  Its not all Trump's fault, but also his fan base that is cheering him al ...

Trump is the driving force for all the hatred and backward mentality of the USA today.

If nobody agreed to be the grand wizard of the ku klux klan do you think they would exist today?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-26 00:51:09 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2018-9-25 08:34
Austin has a point here.  Its not all Trump's fault, but also his fan base that is cheering him al ...

Vote Trump out? Trump became president with about 2,900,000 fewer votes that Hillary.
That was a result of a broken and antiquated constitution what was written before the
invention of the steam engine. Written primarily by slave owners who were rebelling against
the old world in Europe so they could perform genocide on the new world native inhabitants
for profit and land grabs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-26 00:54:33 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-9-26 00:38
Trump is the driving force for all the hatred and backward mentality of the USA today.

If nobody a ...

I agree he is a driving force.  Absolutely.

I just also fault those who cheer him on.  IDK- I think that is scarier.   The way they eat it all up and cheer it on.  When he said 'mexicans are rapists' and the crowd cheered wildly?  It was the crowd that I found the most disturbing.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-9-26 01:31:44 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2018-9-26 00:34

JF, you mean I made a valid point on this forum?

Thank you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-26 02:36:50 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2018-9-26 01:31
JF, you mean I made a valid point on this forum?

Sure.  But your point just makes everything just more hopeless.  One man we can deal with.  But a nation of people who think just like him?  Much harder to deal with.  I just don't have much hope for this country anymore and honestly I wish other countries, like our allies, join together and forcibly condemn his administration.  I think sanctions are justified at this point.  We are committing human rights abuses.  

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.