Author: reedak

Trump's human rights violations   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-9-15 15:20:10 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-15 22:34:23 |Display all floors
For a brief time about thirty years ago I was a member of Amnesty International. I withdrew after deciding that AI was deeply prejudiced against the capitalist governments of the West (especially the USA). Though I have social democratic leanings (and much fault to find with the USA!), the statistics (per capita GDP divided by GINI coefficient and multiplied by life expectancy at birth) show that life in the USA is better than most countries (though not as good as in Japan or the Scandinavian countries). Anti-American rants like this are not truthful.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-15 22:44:40 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-9-15 02:17
Just focus on your Point 4: China never interferes in other countries' domestic business… How unt ...

Though I'd be the last to say that China has achieved a democratic society yet, or that its foreign policies are truly idealistic, China is proceeding fairly-well toward such progress. The main focus of China's foreign policy is to preserve its independence and territorial integrity. This is essentially a defensive policy with very little aggression (except for ridiculous claims to the entire South China Sea which are international waters). I favor a certain patience as China improves.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-16 21:51:46 |Display all floors
2(a)  The following are excerpts from a report by Amnesty International USA under the headline "#TrumpWatch: Stand up to Trump.  Protect human rights" and subheading "#TrumpWatch 100 Days".

(Begin excerpts)
As the first 100 days of President Donald Trump’s administration come to a close, Amnesty International has compiled a list of 100 ways the Trump administration has threatened human rights in the U.S. and around the world – sometimes succeeding, and sometimes being blocked by a powerful and growing resistance movement.

This briefing is not exhaustive and the Trump administration’s ongoing threats to human rights remain – but so does the resolve to defeat them. While the Trump’s first 100 days in office show how dangerous his agenda is for human rights in the U.S. and around the world, it is equally clear that activism, grassroots organizing and political opposition can make a difference.....  (End excerpts)

2(b)  The "100 Ways Trump Has Threatened Human Rights – And How We Fought Back" are listed under the following headings:

*  Closing Borders and Shutting the Door to Refugees

*  Hate-Based Harassment and Violence

*  Emboldening – And Arming – Human Rights Abusers

*  Expanding Conflict and Driving Up the Number of Civilian Casualties Globally

*  Cutting Funds to a World in Crisis

*  A Cabinet Full of Human Rights Threats

*  Torture, Guantánamo, and Justice for the 9/11 Attacks

*  Indigenous Peoples’ Rights

*  Hostility Toward LGBT Rights

*  Criminal Justice, Gun Violence and Policing

*  Attempts to Dismantle Women’s Rights and Reproductive Freedoms

*  Free Speech and Expression

*  Rolling Back Critical Human Rights Protections

Source:  amnestyusadotorg
Donald Trump's infamous Hitler-style rabble-rousing chants:  "Lock her up!  Lock her up!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-16 22:00:16 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-9-15 15:14
Imperialist Chinese window-dressing, Deerie. I know every single line of your propaganda and can s ...

My great friend, how pathetic you are to label the true information of Amnesty International as "imperialist Chinese window-dressing, propaganda distortions and lies" !

When has Amnesty International kowtow to China?  
Donald Trump's infamous Hitler-style rabble-rousing chants:  "Lock her up!  Lock her up!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-16 22:14:56 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-9-15 15:20
I take note of your point about China accepting "refugees" from ASIAN counries in the previous cen ...

Similarly I have to ask you:

Why did the ancestors of those Europeans FLEE EUROPE in the first place to set up homes in their so-called New World, Australia and New Zealand where their descendants fear they would be displaced by non-white arrivals one day?

Why are Muslims fleeing Muslim lands to white Christian lands where white supremacists like Trump try to chase them away?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-16 22:52:48 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-9-15 15:17
Just focus on your Point 4: China never interferes in other countries' domestic business… How unt ...

You said: "'Before we Westerners recognised the illegitimate rulers of mainland China - illegitimate because legitimacy comes through mutual recognition which CHina could not obtain until 1972..."

My great friend, please do your homework.  Please find out how many countries including many Western powers had recognised China before the US in 1972.

By the way, you are living in a world of your own, just refusing to recognise reality.  Do you need to recognise the sun as the sun?  Do you need to recognise me before you post all your rants here?  Do I need to recognise you before debunking all your nonsense?

The Chinese had been living in their present land for over 2,000 years.  Do they need the descendants of European settlers from a 242-year-old country to recognise their country.  You are talking with your head in the cloud.  

Lastly, comparing with China, the US is the "giant" hypocritical meddler and troublemaker in the world, causing giant bloodbath in Vietnam, Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.