Author: voice_cd

What should we do to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-9-8 14:05:48 |Display all floors
In the filters...I have no idea why?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-8 16:13:32 |Display all floors
Oops...there it goes...on previous page.

And markwu's piece too!

It's a slam dunk.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-10 15:04:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-9-10 15:25
wchao37 Post time: 2018-9-8 16:13
Oops...there it goes...on previous page.

And markwu's piece too!

Well, I have waited patiently for several days and this Winston chap -- the originator of the first answer (after mine) to this thread -- is nowhere to be found although he had made an accusation against the government about its alleged aim to 'downsize' Tencent, and should therefore uphold his moral obligation to answer any countering arguments.

On another thread this chap even wondered aloud why I uploaded an 'old thread' on Chen Shui-bian, while rudely telling me to go back to my 'coma.'  That is not the behavior of a well-bred, well-educated young man from a decent family that Tencent would have chosen from its pool of 950K applicants.

It goes without saying that if folks like this irresponsible Winston chap is the kind of employees they hire at Tencent, I can tell you that the company has no future.

Since that doesn't seem to be the case at Tencent so far, all indications are that he is an imposter, and a foreign one at that.

Not only is his English substandard to an unpardonable level (just look at his one-liner and note how careless he is in presenting his ideas), his attitude is also languid and disrespectful.

What's more, you can tell he is full of gripes against the Chinese government without giving any rightful cause for his complaints.  

Accusing the government to have floated 'a rule a day' in an effort to 'downsize' Tencent while praising the treatment American high-tech companies have received, he nevertheless has NO follow-up arguments to make his case.  In fact, he has made neither head nor tail of his one-liner whimper.

These facts alone tell me that he is a vagabond -- an irresponsible hoodlum who frequents these forums like a drunkard would frequent a minibar near Time Square, New York.

My advice to him: take a pee, shave your shins and stand up like a man to face yourself in the mirror before going to work at Times Square as a midnight cowboy.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-9-10 15:51:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-10 16:42:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-9-10 16:45
seneca Post time: 2018-9-10 15:51
How can China be an "innovative" or "enterpreneurial" society if people are incapacitated through a  ...

As usual, your arguments are drowned in verbosity that doesn't add one iota to their validity.

The first part of your argument is grossly invalid, although there is some merit about that straddling bus in the second part.

I can tell you that Chinese capabilities in building the country's oft-touted infrastructure is precisely the result of such an educational system, ensuring the grasping of basic math and science in its pre-collegial curriculum.  Innovative capabilities can only be developed after the basics are firmly grasped.

Your description of Chinese society"incapacitated through a stultifying education (system)" exists only in your hallucination.

No 'stultifying education' could lead to the sustainable development of such an infrastructure.

The rest is just verbosity at its worst -- a salad of correctly spelt words lacking coherence at the structural level.

As to the straddling bus, I don't think the feasibility of the project is in doubt.  The width is not a pivotal hindrance.  It has more to do with safety issues in the case of emergencies, and engineers are making the effort to sort out the difficulties.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-9-10 16:52:20 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-10 17:59:27 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-9-10 16:52
What point in my post about China's lacklustre education don't you understand? Oh sorry, you got a ...

I see where YOUR own roots lie -- in the Kabbutz.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.