Author: ceciliazhang

Customer wins 1,016 yuan in lawsuit for hair found in a 16-yuan bowl of noodles [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-9-8 14:19:42 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-9-8 13:57
Yup, some customers like it raw -- euphemistically called "rare."

They are then accepting the res ...

Always cook meat thoroughly; silly to go for rare or medium rare, with blood oozing when cut.  Crazy way to eat, but it is more tender, guess that's why there are ppl who like it that way, taking a health risk.  
And there are ppl who like to eat raw eggs; yes no joke, have seen them at dining table; that is a receipe for health problems, especially with bird flu!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-8 14:20:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-9-8 14:22
parcher Post time: 2018-9-8 13:03
that made me sick

Yes, made me sick too, it was all on TV News video clip, and the maggot was alive!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-8 14:25:57 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-9-8 13:57
you have missed the point, or pethaps you enjoy disgusting food ..
if an insect was found in food  ...

I understand your point here.

Like I said, if the insect is found in any dish other than the soup, the customers would have protested right away because it would have been so obvious.

The problem here is that they have consumed half of the food in all the dishes, when soups are normally the first course to be served, which means they have known about the insect-in-the-soup for some time already and yet still choose to consume the rest of the dishes.

That choice to continue consuming the rest of the dishes while knowing that the restaurant is unclean puts the responsibility of footing the bill squarely on the shoulders of the consumers.

Otherwise the mob scene I had described above would appear everywhere.  All that the loathers need to do to avoid paying the final tab is to bring in a small cockroach and order a sumptuous feast, consume all the food in the dishes while leaving the soup to the last, then put the cockroach in and stake the claim.

So the crucial point is whether the rest of the food has been consumed, the answer to which is positive in the case invoked here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-8 14:28:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-9-8 14:35

Of course the above scenario pertains to the situation in Chinese restaurants, where usually all courses are brought up simultaneously or in quick succession.  Still, soups are brought to the table first because they need to be hot.  But you can choose  to leave it to the last for consumption but that would be very odd indeed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-8 14:41:42 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-9-8 14:19
Always cook meat thoroughly; silly to go for rare or medium rare, with blood oozing when cut.  Cra ...

That makes the three of us.

I ALWAYS have my steak cooked thoroughly, but just because the three of us don't like rare steaks doesn't mean everyone -- especially those in the West -- is like us.

The Japanese consume a lot of their fish raw and they consider them a delicacy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-8 14:50:59 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-9-8 14:41
That makes the three of us.

I ALWAYS have my steak cooked thoroughly, but just because the three  ...

"The Japanese consume a lot of their fish raw and they consider them a delicacy."

They have high rate of parasite infestation from consuming raw fish!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-9-8 15:59:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2018-9-8 16:03
pnp Post time: 2018-9-8 14:19
Always cook meat thoroughly; silly to go for rare or medium rare, with blood oozing when cut.  Cra ...

its the quality of the steaks that matter
have you been to a high street steak restaurant in china? only costs around 38 rmb but the steak is so soft and bloody.
at the marriot hotel we have a steak restaurant where the steaks cost 600 rmb with veg. They taste good. i have been once And got my steak very Well done. Nearly burnt but thats the safer option
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.