Author: SEARU

Forumites should focus more energy on meaningful things  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-7-11 11:48:15 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-7-11 11:37
To futureone, got alerted to your post, but can't find it. Pls repost.

She has broken the 'law' and her comments are under verification. Something is wrong with her attitude and working style in the forum! I feel pity for her!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-11 11:54:49 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-11 12:00:23 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-11 12:03:38 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-11 17:14:39 |Display all floors
To Mr. Seneca:
When I read through other's thread, to my surprise I noticed that you had been banned!  I feel pity for the result since you are  active in the debating place mostly with fair reasonable logical comments to others‘ including mine!  
I  believe you would soon be released if you have not made fatal mistake in principal!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-15 23:50:25 |Display all floors
Do not worry about trying to change government mandated teaching policies. You should realize by now that changing anything outside your area of expertise is a non-sequitur. Government policies only change when government entities suggest those changes, not when the common person suggests them. The same with teaching policies, equipment, and methodologies, in educational institutes. Not much happens when a foreign teacher makes a suggestion, but when that very same idea comes from a Chinese teacher, he is lauded and praised, and the "new" ideas are implemented very quickly.

A good example of this is when I mentioned to my former university that they might want to look into getting interactive whiteboards for the classrooms, in order to cut down on the amount of chalk dust that teachers and students had to breath in on a daily basis. That idea was pooh-poohed as being "too expensive". One of the other Chinese teachers mentioned the same thing and , Voila!, interactive whiteboards were installed in all of the classrooms in time for September classes. The foreign teachers, however, were not allowed to use them for fear we would damage them, despite the fact that we had used these same ones ourselves, many times in the past. Needless to say, the Chinese teachers continued to use the chalk and boards, and the new whiteboards were all ruined from dust getting inside them.

It is laudable that you want to improve, but I think you'll find that trying to change policies and procedures is pretty much a moot point, unless you can get leaders and/or government officials on your side, who are willing to listen to your ideas.

Don't forget parents, as well. Parents hate change. They like the status-quo. As far as parents are concerned, what worked for them will also work for their children. They will not see anything as an improvement unless it benefits THEIR child first, and puts THEIR child ahead of the other children.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.