Views: 5682|Replies: 3

Should Children's Day also be a day off for parents? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-5-31 16:20:45 |Display all floors

Kindergarten kids play with water pistols during celebrations for the upcoming Children's Day in Huai'an, Jiangsu Province, Wednesday, May 30, 2018. [Photo: VCG]

Ahead of Children's Day tomorrow, whether parents should get a day off to accompany their kids on the day has once again become a topic of public discussions, reports Chongqing Morning Post.

Some parents are calling for a day off work to celebrate the annual festival with their kids, saying that their companionship is the best gift they can give to their children.

In China, children under 14 years of age are legally entitled to a day off from class on Children's Day, and usually spend the day participating in celebrations at their schools. Whether their parents can join them depends on the leave policies of the parent's employers.

Chongqing Morning Post reported that most government agencies, public institutions, and enterprises do not arrange holidays for their employees on Children's Day, instead offering them gifts and bonus.

According to sociologist Tan Gangqiang, Children's Day is not a recognised holiday for parents, and whether enterprises allow their employees to take the day off is up to them.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-6-1 10:42:52 |Display all floors
No they should not. Any excuse for a day off
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 01:03:18 |Display all floors
I have no children. But they are so important that I'd support an official Childrens' Day holiday.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2018-6-4 07:58:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2018-6-4 09:59

who will look after the children on Children's day holiday? Of course, the parents need the day off to do it...
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.