Author: ceciliazhang

Is online confession an effective punishment? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-4-22 12:22:13 |Display all floors
Dracarys Post time: 2018-4-22 10:07
from the pic ..I think the man didn't think he was wrong .. so what's the point that "confess in the ...

Welcome to China, you'll hear or see more funny things besides this one!  How about the traffic cop hanging on for dear life onto the car door or spread eagle on the bonnet as the driver drove away to avoid being booked for a traffic offence?  Only in China do you get to see this sort of things in real life, in most other countries you see them only in movies!!

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-22 12:24:35 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2018-4-21 20:19
You aren't making any sense.

No, I am making perfect sense. You treat your speculation as fact.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-22 12:30:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jaaja at 2018-4-22 12:31
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-22 12:24
No, I am making perfect sense. You treat your speculation as fact.

You fail to identify which part in my comments was speculation, and/or which part of such speculation I took for fact. Until you do so, you are a liar.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-22 12:34:52 |Display all floors
Writing confessions has all along been China's way of punishing offenders; they used to ask errant officials to do that; of course that is not a deterrent against re-offending.  It is too light a punishment, and in the case of traffic offences where lives and limps are at stake, this online confesssion scheme is too lenient.  Harsher penalties should always be imposed!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-22 12:40:15 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-22 12:45:44 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2018-4-21 20:30
You fail to identify which part in my comments was speculation, and/or which part of such speculati ...

All your post was speculation but you are such an egotist you think your speculation is fact.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-22 17:10:43 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-22 12:45
All your post was speculation but you are such an egotist you think your speculation is fact.

I did not think so, nor did I write so.

You are not only trying to put words in my mouth, but also thoughts in my head that aren't there.

I have understood from your comments in other threads that you have spent most of your life in USA, so I'm surprised that certain elements of English language seem to escape from you. Specifically constructs that separate speculative commentary from those presented as facts.

Incidently, I'm guessing that your residence in USA was during the more tumultuous period of China's recent history, and your return (or arrival, I don't know which) to China was only after social media celebrities in west started to pop up, so you would probably fail to follow the logic in my comments relevant to OP.

You can take it as a fact, that in USA (and more generally in west) for many people there is no such thing as losing face - popularity attained by breaking laws and documenting them on social media would still be popularity, and for many worthy to pursue.

Some (me included) would argue that it is same in China - and this is speculation on my part, in case you cannot understand it from the text directly.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.