Author: Liononthehunt

Bland Western media losing sway in China [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-3-20 09:50:35 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-20 11:13:49 |Display all floors
When one Chinese read the articles from western media for the first time in his life, he will consider the western media as open, free, and equitable. In contrast to his experience in China, where the media is controlled by government and many contents are prohibited to discuss. However, this viewpoint would not last for long if he continue immersed in the reports from western media. If this Chinese has his own position and his own judge, he will found the western media is ridiculous about their reports on China, just as my feeling now. I want to ask several questions about western media:

1. Does the western media really care about the happiness and benefit of the common people in China? I want to say, NO! At first glance, the western media pay much attention on the living of normal people in China, especially the miserable experience and embarrassed condition. These reports often implied these conditions were, for some degree, derived from the political system, or the corruption, or the dark side of Chinese people. These reports never give practical and forward suggestions. Despite less and less people are still live under the poverty line, and more and more people are getting more richer and live a happy life, the western median often scrutinize the flaw using a magnifying glasses. So, I want to ask one question to western media: What's your point of doing this?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-20 11:16:49 |Display all floors
If you do the following thing, you must have the untold purpose.

only select the negative effects of one thing, and only select the positive effects of another thing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-20 11:28:08 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-20 09:46
That's what everyone thinks of people like you who only parrot others.

You are dum b and ratty.
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-20 14:04:59 |Display all floors
Mishao Post time: 2018-3-19 21:03
The MSM outlets are owned a by a few, all with  the exactly the same views, conglomerates whose 'n ...

I sense that too. It is as if there is a certain hidden force, apart from governments, which tries to direct the world in a certain direction. Any opposing countries or governments will be viciously and relentlessly targeted with lies and twisted logic. For many decades, the world has been indoctrinated by this hidden force and there are now many zombies faithfully serving this force. Even some "experts" of this or that are under this influence, perpetually overdosed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-20 14:09:11 |Display all floors
pengchy Post time: 2018-3-20 11:13
When one Chinese read the articles from western media for the first time in his life, he will consid ...

This I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-20 14:41:47 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-19 15:18
Well, speaking many different languages obviously is a clear advantage no Chinese can call his or  ...

Having many different newspapers is not necessary good if they only pander to different interest groups, and writing bias reports to gain readership and profit. It is not true that by this, people will have different news and finally arrive at the truth. It only makes people take sides and causes tensions. The recent case of "fake news" where people are being directed to what they want to read based on algorithm of the internet search engine has proven that. What matters is the truth, even if there is only one newspaper.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.