Author: parcher

whats your favourite airport [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-2-15 18:58:31 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2018-2-15 14:36
As far as I'm concerned, just 2 airports need to be mentioned...

H.K. and S-pore...

HK  is an airport i dont mind having to wait 3 or even 4 hrs for my flight. Heathrow or Gatwick i try and arrive 1 hr before..
never been to singapore airport
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-15 19:19:00 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-2-15 10:27
I have fond memories of Ilebo Airport in ex-Belgian Congo. You have never heard of Ilebo. I went t ...

When I went to Ilebo Airport (ruled by Belgium from 1908 until 1960) to get out of Zaire it was more national...
Today, Democratic Republic of Congo orders former colonizer Belgium to close consulate and cut flights from Brussels...
The Democratic Republic of Congo has ordered Belgium to close a consulate and cut flights by Brussels Airlines in a further deterioration of relations between the European nation and its former Central African colony.

Belgium’s foreign ministry said it had shut a diplomatic office in the south-eastern city of Lubumbashi after being told to do so by Kinshasa. Congo has also decided to close its consulate in the northern Belgian city of Antwerp...

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-15 20:25:43 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-2-20 00:53:30 |Display all floors
I have two lists of my personal favourite airports.
Fun to fly in to / out of
Facilities and so on.

My 3 favourites to fly in and out of.

1) Kai Tak (HK's old airport).  Landing there many times in the jumpseat on the flight deck brought a whole new perspective to engrossing.

2) Lukla airport Nepal.  Extremely dangerous to fly in to, was the world's most dangerous airport for over 20 years.  White knuckle ride both in and out.

3) Tied between Tehran Mehrabad and Kansai International Airport (Osaka, Japan). Really enjoyable to land at and take off from.

Facilities and enjoyment of facilities:

1) Tahiti Fa'a'ā  - Small, friendly and quick to get in and out of.

2) Bangkok (1960s) Small, quiet and enjoyable. The new airport terminals aren't too bad either.

3) Narita (Tokyo), tied with Sydney (Kingsford Smith), Vancouver and Smithers (BC Canada, domestic).
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-20 08:14:14 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-21 23:36:55 |Display all floors
Obviously you are more used to moving around in a shabby cramped airport in your home country.
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-2-22 11:20:41 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-2-20 08:14
Hong Kong and Singapore airports are pretty traveller-friendly.

But there are monster airports t ...

Qatar airways dont put you up at their expense. i had to pay for my own hotel at Doha
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.