Views: 2311|Replies: 4

South China Sea island expansion is discernibly reasonable: China Daily editoria [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-12-26 09:27:12 |Display all floors
Worrywarts upset themselves by worrying about troubles of their own imagining, and trigger mass hysteria if they find receptive ears for their fears. This is what keeps happening with China's so-called island building in the South China Sea.
This time it is a report by the overseas edition of People's Daily — with the remark that the country's permanent land area in the waters has "expanded consp ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-12-26 10:09:23 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-26 10:17:39 |Display all floors
Although I'm a Canadian Expat I have been happily living in China for more than 11 years during which time I first taught English and married a wonderful and beautiful Chinese woman. I have been very comfortable here and admire and respect the Chinese people, and it is my intention to remain here for the rest of my life.  

Canada has historically been blessed by immigration of many Chinese people, from those workers who provided Canada with the expertise to run the cross-country railroad through the mountains in the west, to the very height of a descendant of those workers being appointed the Governor-General of the nation, representing Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.  

An elderly uncle of mine was a high school teacher in Gravenhurst, Ontario, (the birthplace and childhood home of Dr. Norman Bethune who is venerated in China) and was acquainted with Bethune.  I have felt that by coming to China I was following in the footsteps of Bethune, and made that comment when I applied to be one of the foreigners who wished to win the prize co-sponsored by this newspaper and CCTV to carry the torch part way for the 2008 Olympics.  However, I digress, as for the point I wish to make is that I believe that the development of the South China Sea islands is authorized through historical evidence, and as China has not interfered with commercial passage by sea or air (and I am sure never will) the paranoia voiced by others is uncalled for and their provocations are grandstanding at best.  

Although China is considered near the top in many criteria, I hope that it will soon enjoy being number 1 of all nations in the world.

BuzzOfTheOrient

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.