Author: admin

What is going wrong with Chinese higher education?[1]- Chinadaily.com.cn   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2020-2-7 16:32:14 |Display all floors
The other non-technical disciplines are also important for material progress. The sciences and the arts are but two sides of the same coin rolling up and down the linear spectrum of knowledge of how and why. How to solve a problem or create a solution, leavened by why one choice of action is selected over others. Oftentimes, the arts create the right design, communication and marketing channels for the sciences to get an appropriate perspective of the condition in which they are to operate. Besides, the arts are many a time needed to lift the human spirit snd inspire it to understand the full picture of evetything with greater confidence and elan, or even redraw reality with new imagination. And by arts, i dont mean drawing or painting or crafts but new ways of looking at everything  and the world.

What has troubled me for some time now is, for want of a better word, the monolithicity of China thinking, more often than not centralizing itself back into fixed, standard, core, positionings.

As important as what is taught and learned and used is what is thought. How do you think is as important as what are you thinking. That how may depend on the nature of the language used, thevsymbils, sounds and nuances so that different languages will affect different ways of communicating knowledge, thus education itself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-3-15 17:37:50 |Display all floors
As a student in china,I have something to say. In college, we have to deal with many tests that are mostly uesless for our studying. Certainly, it do works in grades, but for our deep learning, at least in my view, it falls.
There is a bilateral question.For us students, we be are sure to study hard, which is the society hopes us to do. But is there any chances that you should take a more serious consideration into this? The education should changes as the history moves. The framework which suits the person will produce more interest, not just interests. For teacher, I think they should bulid more strict testing systems to avoid cheating in exams.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.