Author: senoritazhao

Bus company under probe for Ads “You Won’t Feel Like You’re In China" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-12-11 02:20:22 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2017-12-10 09:00
The USA does have high speed rail.  There are many definitions of high speed rail in use, however  ...
... it's generally held by most regulatory bodies that any train that reaches speeds of 240km/h (150 mph) should be considered to be a high speed train.

Does this mean that because my Ram 1500 with its 5.7 litre Hemi can reach speeds of 250 km/h, it should be considered to be a Formula 1 race car? At least ... my speedometer states that it can go that fast.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-11 02:20:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cmknight at 2017-12-12 13:01
Duplicate post
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-11 02:21:39 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cmknight at 2017-12-12 13:01
Duplicate post

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-11 02:54:19 |Display all floors
An Airbus A-380 can reach speeds of Mach 1 ... in a dive. That does not mean it's a supersonic jetliner. My Dodge Ram 1500, with its 5.7 litre Hemi, can reach speeds of 250 km/h, but that doesn't make it a high-performance sports car.

Just because the Acela can  reach speeds of 250 km/h, does not make it a high-speed train. It has to be able to do it consistently over the majority of its trip. There is only 45 km (6% ... (45/735) X 100 = 6%) of rail that is specifically designed for high speeds. High speed rail has to be straighter, and have gentler curves than regular passenger and freight rail lines. If the Acela was to attempt 250 km/h over any length of track other than the high-speed section, it would be looking at a major rail accident.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-11 07:26:16 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-12-11 01:50
For your information, I read the article long before it even showed up here in CD. It's been circu ...
That shows bigotry and prejudice. It does not prove racism. Racism is fuelled by hate. Too many people these days throw the racism card around like it's confetti because they're too stupid to understand the difference.

We don't know the motivation for those ads and letters; it could have been driven by IGNORANCE, then it's PREJUDICE. If HATRED is the motive, then it's RACISM. However, the USA is a country with a long history of RACISM. So it must be the latter than the former.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-12 13:00:20 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-12-11 07:26
We don't know the motivation for those ads and letters; it could have been driven by IGNORANCE,  ...
However, the USA is a country with a long history of RACISM. So it must be the latter than the former.

Niiice ... Using the False Presumption Logical Fallacy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-12 15:02:22 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-12-12 13:00
Niiice ... Using the False Presumption Logical Fallacy!

In statistics, it's called correlation.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.