Author: senoritazhao

Bus company under probe for Ads “You Won’t Feel Like You’re In China" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-12-10 12:35:14 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-12-10 01:49
The apology letters were written on Facebook. Unfortunately, anyone could have written the letter a ...
I highly doubt that a company would write something that bigoted and prejudicial in a public apology. Companies are adamant that any messages to the public be politically correct, and represent the company in the best light possible. This is why they hire PR people and Media liaisons.

Now that you've read the article, the best defense that you can come up with is your conjecture which has no basis in fact.
Remember we're talking about events which transpired in the USA not China. The ad and the letter is targeting the Chinese students not because of their conduct or behavior either in school or in buses but only because they're "Chinese".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-10 12:41:32 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-12-10 11:31
Sometimes that jute bag filled with your intellectual waste makes it to your destination without y ...

So lame you are.
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-10 12:46:37 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-12-10 12:21
You lived in the U.S.A., correct or not? And you don't know that there were high-speed trains as ...

Well, those are "commuter" trains that can run at high-speeds but they don't qualify as "high-speed rail" as defined by the EU, UIC and others because they need to run at the MINIMUM speeds for the entire length of the route. Japan's Shinkansen is widely acknowledged by international bodies to be the first "high-speed rail" service in the world. Remember we're not talking about the MAXIMUM but the MINIMUM speeds those trains should run for the entire journey. The Acela Express runs at high-speed only for 12% of its route, giving an average speed way below the MINIMUM speeds for "high-speed rail", similar to France's SNCF.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-12-10 17:17:01 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-10 17:35:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2017-12-10 17:42
seneca Post time: 2017-12-10 17:17
Meaningless twaddle. The U.S.A. has built high-speed lines and trains. All the rest of your waff ...

The Metroliner no longer exists because Amtrak replaced it with the Acela Express which only runs at "high-speed" for 45kms.

The rest of my post are excerpts from the definition of "high-speed rail" from international bodies. Their words not mine.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-11 01:50:00 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-12-10 12:35
Now that you've read the article, the best defense that you can come up with is your conjecture w ...

For your information, I read the article long before it even showed up here in CD. It's been circulating on Facebook for a week, remember? As for my "conjecture", the writing styles of the two apology letters are totally different, meaning two different people wrote them. It's not hard to write something on somebody else's Facebook page. I stand by what I said.

So what if the ads are targeting Chinese? We have ads which target Chinese, here in Vancouver, too. Also Japanese, Vietnamese, Malay, Punjabi, Hindu, etc. If that demographic represents a large section of the population, then you're going to have ads which target those people. Mind you, these ads were written in poor taste, and probably could have been designed better, but I doubt it was intentional racism. Illinois is not exactly known to be a hotbed of white supremacy.

The ad and the letter is targeting the Chinese students not because of their conduct or behavior either in school or in buses but only because they're "Chinese".

That shows bigotry and prejudice. It does not prove racism. Racism is fuelled by hate. Too many people these days throw the racism card around like it's confetti because they're too stupid to understand the difference.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-11 02:16:15 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2017-12-10 09:00
The USA does have high speed rail.  There are many definitions of high speed rail in use, however  ...

The Acela's speed is limited by traffic and infrastructure on the route's northern half. On the 231-mile (372 km) section from Boston's South Station to New York's Penn Station, the fastest scheduled time is 3 hours and 30 minutes, or an average speed of 63 miles per hour (101 km/h). The entire 457-mile (735 km) route from Boston to Washington takes between 6 hours, 38 minutes and 6 hours, 50 minutes, at an average of around 68 miles per hour (109 km/h).

The route contains segments of high-speed rail, and Acela Express trains are the fastest trainsets in the Americas; they attain 150 mph (240 km/h) on 28 miles (45 km) of the route.

When only 6% of the route is at 240 kph, it is not considered to be a "high-speed" train. With the frequent stops, and average speed of between 101 and 109 kph, the Acela is about the same as the regular K-train, in China. Think about it. 735 km in 6 1/2 hours is only an average speed of 113 km/h. This train can only do 240 on a short, dedicated high-speed section of tracks. The majority of the time it spends on regular passenger and freight tracks.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.