Author: ceciliazhang

Should guide dogs be allowed on public transport? [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-11-26 09:06:52 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-26 19:20:48 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-11-26 03:06
My only brush with disabled people in the recent past has been with Pertti of Finland, the faile ...

Ladies and Gentlemen.... Seneca from South Africa.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-11-26 20:09:41 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-11-22 15:12
Chinese dogowners are most irresponsible, they take their dirty, smelly dogs into shops, restuarants ...

Guide dogs are not dirty
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 12:52:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2017-11-28 12:35
parcher Post time: 2017-11-26 20:09
Guide dogs are not dirty

Those dogs I saw in the shops and supermarkets are not guide dogs, just ordinary smelly dogs;  they are forbidden in supermarkets for public health reasons.
And even guide dogs should be left at the entrance, not brought in.  The dog has already done its job leading the blind to the supermarket, it must not be brought in, the blind can find his way around in there, or with the help of the shoppers to locate the food.  But there is no blind taking guide dogs into supermarlets, so that is not an issue; it is those not  blind who are breaking the law.  We often hear public announcements in subway stations reminding commuters and visitors not to bring dogs into the stations, but irresponsible dogowners still do just that.  Enforcement must be stepped up; a regulation is worth nothing if not enforced!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 12:56:37 |Display all floors
Another reason why dog owners must show responsibility in public is that there are many Muslims in China and their religion forbids contact with dogs!  Responsible dogowners should not take their dogs into close contact with other people, especially in confined spaces where they are likely to come into contact with people who, for religious or other reasons, don't want to be near dogs!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-11-28 16:50:16 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-11-27 12:52
Those dogs I saw in the shops and supermarkets are not guide dogs, just ordinary smelly dogs;  they ...

Those dogs dont spit on the ground, or cock their legs then take a piss either in supernarkets. just yesterday in my supermarket, i watched an old couple remove the french stick from its unsealed packet, then start rubbing the bread up and down with their fingers before putting the bread back inside the packet. i am more worried about hunans than any guide dog
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-29 11:29:31 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-11-28 16:50
Those dogs dont spit on the ground, or cock their legs then take a piss either in supernarkets. ju ...

What you saw is not unique.  I have seen many such unhygienic, irresponsible behavior of Chinese shoppers.   For instance, some break cookies up to taste, leaving the soiled  broken halves back for the next unsuspecting customer to buy.  And when some irresponsible dogowners bring their dirty pets into the supermarkets, other customers come around to play and pat the dogs, totally ignorant of the health risks that the dogs brought in!  Chi nese people generally need to be educated on how to be responsible in public.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.