Author: pnp

Traffic Police Must Strictly Enforce Pedestrian Right Of Way At Zebra Crossings!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-26 16:50:20 |Display all floors
ignoring the damn education to the motorists,with the cameras and getting fined harshly,which are the most useful.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-26 16:52:05 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-9-25 16:01
Good suggestion, but not so practical, too many road junctions, too few policemen!  Cctv cameras a ...

It is not practical but useful to psyche out the motorists' to be vigilant and pro-actively consider the safety of the pedestrians. It needs to be done for a certain period for the effect to kick in.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-26 19:15:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-27 12:23:44 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2017-9-26 16:52
It is not practical but useful to psyche out the motorists' to be vigilant and pro-actively consid ...

The suggestion in my thread for all pedestrians at zebra crosings to wave down approaching cars is exactly to remind errant motorists of their responsibilities.  The police can't be everywhere; pedestrians must stand up for their rights!
I do exactly as I  preach.  Everytime I arrived at a zebra crossing I was disappointed to see many pedestrians waiting patiently for cars to zoom by.  I was the only one to walk forward, waved down the approaching cars, got them to stop right behind the zebra crossings, then I crossed.  And without fail, all the pedestrians who were waiting, quickly followed me across, like monkeys following leader!  I can't understand why they couldn't do as I did, stop the cars, after all, they have the right of way!   It is  this kind of pedestrian attitude that encourages motorists to break the law!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-27 12:28:18 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-26 19:15
China is no less backward than any of these countries.

You obviously like to take a cheap swipe at China even when you should know that it has the world's second largest economy, unlike the others!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-27 12:36:12 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-27 13:29:20 |Display all floors
Dracarys Post time: 2017-9-25 19:41
You guys didn't notice it's not all about pedestrian ..  Traffic system itself have problems too ..

You have he  right of way at zebra crossings, turning vehicles must give way to you!  Either wave them down, or jot down their registration number and report it to the police.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.