Author: knox1234

China’s middle class face peer pressure to send kids on study tours abroad   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-8-14 09:33:05 |Display all floors
This is really common now. Many of my friends are now sent on study tours abroad.
One of my rommies are now in Cambrigde. She spent more than 50,000 for a 10-day study trip.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-14 11:14:54 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-8-13 21:40
I am so glad I was not born a Chinese... This mindless and arrogant belief that money settles everyt ...

Youve hit the nail on the head, yes, its all about face, about showing off to neighbors and friends that their kids have been abroad, as if that alone means "you mianzi", got face.  And many Chinese could ill afford the huge sums, so they go round borrowing from relatives to send their kids abroad, to keep up with the Jonses!  Pity them, living in a makebelieve world.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-14 21:01:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-15 01:42:18 |Display all floors
Only RICH Chinese can afford to send their children abroad. Not "middle class". Such nonsense!
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-15 14:50:47 |Display all floors
Study tours, what ever that mean, and what can you learn in 10 days. I think you can tour China for way less money and most of this kids don't know their own country, but then again you can't show off to neighbors and friend that your child go abroad for a holiday.
Human lives mean nothing when the western warmongers see a bigger gain through war

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-15 16:10:31 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-8-15 01:42
Only RICH Chinese can afford to send their children abroad. Not "middle class". Such nonsense!

No rich or middle class, but dumb class would do that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-17 13:45:53 |Display all floors
The problem with many of these parents is that its parents talking amongst parents to see who has the biggest face or not to loss face. Yes, it would be a great opportunity to experience education in another country, but most of the parents will still install the same practices they were tault meaning that any other alternative way for theier kids to learn or think is cancelled out.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.