Views: 4054|Replies: 6

Woman live streams herself eating 'aloe vera' [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-7-2 09:18:04 |Display all floors

aloe_vera_eater.jpg

One woman has managed to win internet fame,though not exactly in the way that she had hoped after being forced to abruptlyend her live stream and rush herself to the hospital after discovering that theplant she was eating was not what she thought it was.

To prepare for her live stream, the26-year-old woman surnamed Zhang had bought two waxy green leaves that shethought were aloe vera, a plant purported to have various health benefits wheneaten raw.

After taking her first bite, Zhangexclaims, "This is great!" However, upon taking her second bite, shebegins to realize that something is terribly wrong. "Oh, that tastesbitter. Really bitter," she says to the camera.

It turns out that what Zhang was chompingdown on was not aloe vera, but Agave Americana (American aloe), a poisonousplant from Mexico that is very not edible. Zhang said that just one bite madeher mouth go numb and her throat feel like it was on fire.

At the hospital, doctors found that Zhanghad broken out into rashes and blisters and were forced to pump her stomach toremove parts of the poisonous plant and save her life. She is reported to be instable condition. (shanghaiist.com)

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-7-2 15:07:35 |Display all floors
silly thing to do
now she has a big hospital bill to pay
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-3 10:16:08 |Display all floors
Rest assured she'll avoid this meal for life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-3 13:09:21 |Display all floors
she should know the plant before she intended to eat ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-3 15:44:44 |Display all floors
I remember there are two layers inside an aloe's leaf,one thinner layer is yellow,which is bitter and poisonous yet can be used as medication after proper treatment;The other much thicker layer is the aloe meat,which is very good for people's skin.I hope I am right.
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-3 23:40:46 |Display all floors
Blue Agave is used to make Tequila.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-7-4 19:29:16 |Display all floors
Oh well she won't be making that mistake again anytime soon.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.