One woman has managed to win internet fame,though not exactly in the way that she had hoped after being forced to abruptlyend her live stream and rush herself to the hospital after discovering that theplant she was eating was not what she thought it was.
To prepare for her live stream, the26-year-old woman surnamed Zhang had bought two waxy green leaves that shethought were aloe vera, a plant purported to have various health benefits wheneaten raw.
After taking her first bite, Zhangexclaims, "This is great!" However, upon taking her second bite, shebegins to realize that something is terribly wrong. "Oh, that tastesbitter. Really bitter," she says to the camera.
It turns out that what Zhang was chompingdown on was not aloe vera, but Agave Americana (American aloe), a poisonousplant from Mexico that is very not edible. Zhang said that just one bite madeher mouth go numb and her throat feel like it was on fire.
At the hospital, doctors found that Zhanghad broken out into rashes and blisters and were forced to pump her stomach toremove parts of the poisonous plant and save her life. She is reported to be instable condition. (shanghaiist.com)