Views: 1162|Replies: 4

From Henan to Princeton: How 14-year-old girl made the journey [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-6-21 19:50:17 |Display all floors
Chinese Graduates of Columbia University attend the commencement ceremony in New York City, United States, on May 20, 2015.[Photo/Xinhua]
Victoria (her English name) was 14 when I met her, but she looked older. She certainly acted more mature. She came to the Binhe Park English corner where I taught free lessons every Sunday morning for 3 hours. She always stood in front. She took in everything I  ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-21 19:50:18 |Display all floors
Great story and there must be others out there in the countryside who are bright and face a hard uphill struggle but they can succeed- they have high will power and the IQ which requires challenge. Great she likewise qualified for scholarship - good work Mike Murphy---a real pearl of a student.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-8 23:59:43 |Display all floors
This real life story encourages more to study and compete aggressively for the limited number of admitted applicants annually. It is A GREAT JOY! Knowledge knows no boundary. It belongs to everyone. Diligence owns it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-10 09:27:55 |Display all floors
Isn't this one of the Michael's blogs?There should've been "transmitted from Michael Murphy's blog" at below.
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.