Views: 2281|Replies: 2

How can the U.S. prevent China from surpassing it economically and military? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-6-12 00:52:28 |Display all floors
How can the United States prevent China from surpassing it economically and militarily?

Jerry Mc Kenna Self-employed Programmer
Answered May 25 · Upvoted by Robin Daverman
Jerry Mc Kenna

The US cannot stop China from having a growing economy nor can it stop China from progressing militarily. China is such a large nation that it will surpass the US at some time in the future. China will eventually come up with technologies that are comparable to that in the US.

I don’t see any reason for the US to try to stop China. Europe didn’t try to stop the US and by the time it became obvious that the US economy was going to surpass that of any European country it was far too late to do anything about it. For a long time US made goods were inferior to those made in Europe but that didn’t make the US a poorer or weaker nation.

A wealthy China is better for the world than a poor and weak China.

Jonathan Buttall Retired Professional
Answered May 25 · Upvoted by Xinchun Li lives in China and Robin Daverman
Jonathan Buttall  

How? The best answer is “Why should it”?

The US has been in decline since the death of JFK. I’m old enough to remember what it was like beforehand; the true patriotism the very real optimism and hope the trust that JFK could keep us out of a nuclear war the overwhelming concern of Americans during the Cold war) etc. After JFK died part of the country died with him. Despite different politics only Reagan gave us back a lot of that but not after he was gone.

In the last two generations the US has made a disaster of the world. We’ve started most of the wars during this time all unjustified and all a gigantic failure. Our blunders led to ISIS filling in the power vacuums we created. We complain that China is being a bully in the South China Sea yet we’ve been the most imperialist nation since the USSR. We’ve killed millions of people in many countries and all died for nothing.

China is a 5000 year old civilization (one of my sources is the world famous Shaanxi History Museum in Xian which has artifacts even older than that. We were there in 2014). They’re the main factor of the 21st century. They’ve increased their prosperity a great deal and put aside the bad times of the Maoist past . They’re not a democracy but they’re more capitalist than communist now and after the 2016 election we have to bite our tongues when discussing “Democracy”.

We helped save the world in WWII. Since the late 1960s we’ve made the world a far far more dangerous place and now we put a sociopath in the White House. We need to stay the hell out of the worlds affairs and let a rising and more mature country set the pace. China is the rising Superpower and has more economic relations than any other country on earth. We failed and need to focus on our own divided and hate filled culture not screw up other cultures anymore.

Albert Ip studied at The University of Hong Kong
Answered Wed · Upvoted by Robin Daverman
USA cannot stop China. Economically China has already surpassed USA since 2014. Militarily Chinese leaders are not that stupid. Why would China need to be the greatest military power? A force able to deter foreign aggression is more than enough. Concentrate on improving the livelihood of its own people and if at the same time improve others it will be even better. China will be strong and has no enemy.
The answers given before were all trying to be optimistic about the future of USA. I hate to tell you the truth. From here on USA will be in a decline. You have over spent you have let your infrastructure rots you have dumbed down your citizens you have made your healthcare too expensive you have dismantled the social safety net you have police who kill citizens. Most importantly your political system has been bought by special interests. USA has lost its moral stance.
From the long history of China we see dynasty came and dynasty gone. The glory days of USA were in the past. I don't see how you can get out of this decline.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-14 04:23:30 |Display all floors
I care more about technology at major fields
Refreshed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-14 11:53:41 |Display all floors
cwdy Post time: 2017-6-14 04:23
I care more about technology at major fields

The west had been sanctioning China for high techs for many years. Most recent Chinese tech developments are all done by herself. The space plans, military armament, newest C919 passenger plane, a chip much faster than intel's top chip, the 1st quantum satellite , combustible ice project etc.
These are great achievements, yet, they are the outcome of west tech sanctions.
Mao said "Come on, keep sanction on us and we will have everything within decades" Mao said it right!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.